Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed Fractal didn't retire some of the spacey presets and replace them with more usable ones.
While you might not like the “spacey presets”, there’s a lot of people who do and want to see examples of them, just as much as you want to see “usable” ones. Factory presets demonstrate the sound and capabilities of the device and how to get them, so they all serve a purpose.

Axe-Exchange is a good source for other song or performer specific presets.

I'm disappointed Fractal didn't retire some of the spacey presets and replace them with more usable ones.
So you've been through all the new general purpose presets (which are pretty great IMO) and didn't find what you're looking for? Maybe you'll have to make some yourself!

Reactions: jon
Axe-Fx III Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C — optimized for Cygnus firmware version 16.02 — are now ready for you to try and enjoy

IMPORTANT: These banks require firmware version 16.02, available here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-release-version-16-02.173356/
After installing firmware 16.02, use Fractal-Bot to send the new preset banks to your unit. Using the "All Banks" file is most convenient, as it installs all 384 presets at once, overwriting the current contents of Banks A, B, and C on your unit.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...x-3/16p0/Axe-Fx-III-Factory-Presets-16p02.zip

NOTES:
As you know from the A/B preview, those banks were converted and polished, with numerous improvements.
Now, Bank C has been enhanced even further, with so many new and/or improved presets I lost track. Digging deep on this one, I drew from my personal private collection, plus the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and even included some submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @Burgs Kingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)

We are very grateful for your appreciation of the previous "preview" release, and for your comments that allow fixing any issues. Once any new comments come in I will quickly produce a final version and put these on our website and into production.
How would you guys recommend I proceed here? I am currently using the Austin Buddy Live Gold Pack. I loaded this pack in at preset 128. Do you think that those presets need to be updated by Austin? Would you recommend that I reload the unit to the factory? Using the presets designed and modified for Cygnus? Are they that much better? GO back to Austin Buddy and see if they are updating?

I appreciate any help or advice here. You all are so much in tune with what's what with this stuff.

How would you guys recommend I proceed here? I am currently using the Austin Buddy Live Gold Pack. I loaded this pack in at preset 128. Do you think that those presets need to be updated by Austin? Would you recommend that I reload the unit to the factory? Using the presets designed and modified for Cygnus? Are they that much better? GO back to Austin Buddy and see if they are updating?

I appreciate any help or advice here. You all are so much in tune with what's what with this stuff.
AB has updated the Marshall's I think and you can get the Cygnus versions on his site. He also mentioned that he will be updating the whole Live Gold pack as he can, and I think the Naked Amps too. If you go to the Axe FX III Preset Exchange forum on here - the guys that make and sell presets usually put updates out there, including AB.

Hope that helps!

As I work through converting these for the FM3, I've now also enhanced the first 32 presets in Axe-Fx Bank A.
Aside from a few "bugs" everything that was already in these presets remains the same as it was, but I added more scenes and they now have Perf-PP controls. @Marco Fanton has also contributed a wonderful new preset.
I'll share the current progress tomorrow before taking a long weekend.

Found another favorite factory preset: FAS Lead 1. Limelight, Pete-A-Palooza, Spandex & Hairspray, and now this one, and I can't put down my guitar!!! At around 8pm last night, all I did was turn on the chorus in Sc 2, and next thing I knew it was 1am (got.to.go.to.bed!)
Fas Lead 1 is awesome - totally agree!

Found another favorite factory preset: FAS Lead 1. Limelight, Pete-A-Palooza, Spandex & Hairspray, and now this one, and I can't put down my guitar!!! At around 8pm last night, all I did was turn on the chorus in Sc 2, and next thing I knew it was 1am (got.to.go.to.bed!)
Yes dude! Spandex & Hairspray took a nice chunk of my life. Loving it.

Funny not funny.

In fact, we DID do exactly that. For starters there are TEN presets at the end of Bank C that are hardcore bread and butter. Steve Stevens. Mark Day. Leon Todd. Brett Kingman. Austin Buddy. Pete Thorn. Larry Mitchell. Then there are loads of new highly playable presets and scenes. One needs to invest the time to actually open the treasure chest to see what's inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom