Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenes are dependent on the structure of the preset they reside in. If a second preset is structured differently, or simply contains elements the first preset does not (or vice versa) there’s no correlation between the two that would allow a simple copy/paste operation.
What I have been doing is using the copy all blocks function and then building the same scene in a fresh preset. Please let me know what other elements I need to be checking and duplicating to get it to match the original. Thanks!

I am unsure what you mean. Could you explain what makes the settings in a scene hard to copy? Thanks
All a scene is is the on-off and channel settings for each block. It doesn't contain the actual knob and switch settings each block uses when set to that channel.

So, copying just the channel and on-off settings into another preset wouldn't get you very far. It might not have the same blocks at all, or if it did, they might not be connected the same ways, and their actual settings could be totally different.

Unless there was a uix paradigm shift, for example a separation between “pedalboards” and “amp rigs”…
“Scene” would have a different meaning though I guess.
Exactly. What a 'scene' and a 'preset' are would have to change fairly significantly in order to be able to copy a scene from one preset to another.

As it sits now, it's not really possible. Others have explained a bit more and offered a bit of a work-around, but, as it sits now, a 'scene' is simply a collection of bypass states and channel states (and a few other more obscure bits like scene controllers, etc.) for the blocks in a preset, which gets applied when the scene is selected.

I am unsure what you mean. Could you explain what makes the settings in a scene hard to copy? Thanks

Some answers, posed as questions:

1) What if the two source presets require different blocks and there's no room on the grid?
2) What if the two source presets both want control over a certain block on a certain channel (Ex: "Amp 1A")
3) What if the two source presets require different architectures (e.g. blocks in Parallel vs. Series)
4) What if the CPU can't handle the combined blocks needed for both source presets?
5) What if the two source presets have different modifiers on the same parameter?
6) What if the two source presets use inputs and outputs differently (potential for hearing damage on this one!)
7) What if the two source presets use scene controllers differently?
8) What if the two source presets use the same blocks but in different orders?
9) What if the two source presets each depend on the same FC resources?
10) What if we solve all these problems just in time for the distant future to have arrived? ("Grrr" factor)

These problems multiply as you realize that more up to EIGHT source presets could be in play.

Some answers, posed as questions:

1) What if the two source presets require different blocks and there's no room on the grid?
2) What if the two source presets both want control over a certain block on a certain channel (Ex: "Amp 1A")
3) What if the two source presets require different architectures (e.g. blocks in Parallel vs. Series)
4) What if the CPU can't handle the combined blocks needed for both source presets?
5) What if the two source presets have different modifiers on the same parameter?
6) What if the two source presets use inputs and outputs differently (potential for hearing damage on this one!)
7) What if the two source presets use scene controllers differently?
8) What if the two source presets use the same blocks but in different orders?
9) What if the two source presets each depend on the same FC resources?
10) What if we solve all these problems just in time for the distant future to have arrived? ("Grrr" factor)

These problems multiply as you realize that more up to EIGHT source presets could be in play.
Ok my brain hurts now.

Once you get your head around what the grid is, how a preset is built, and how a scene changes the settings of bocks in the grid within that preset, it makes perfect sense why you can't copy a scene to another preset. To me at least, as someone who's used to wiring up gear, hooking up PA's and other equipment in the real world.

Copying a scene between differently configured presets is a bit like copying someone's consciousness into another person's brain. Great for Star Trek franchise episodes and 80s body-swap comedies, but makes no sense in the real world. :cool: 🧠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom