Axe-Fx III block to simulate FreqOut?

I appreciate what everybody’s trying to do here… But for heaven sake‘s those black box offers delicious feedback in copious quantities.

I find that with just about any amount of volume and via a little bit of gain stacking (along with its own compression) will work on a decent guitar. Simple Volume.

I fully appreciate and understand that Performances/stages are getting quieter and quieter and if you’re doing a big production/show there is a good chance you have probably got to be silent. Special use cases indeed. Unfortunately the work environment for gigging musicians and performances is a bit restricted.

But if you’re like me, just turn up the loud knobs and with a tiny bit of delay (I have a continuous controller foot pedal for increasing delay repeats and mix), front-end compression and maybe even a little bit of “Gain-enhancer“ (sometimes just the old output compression with high clarity) and you can ride this sustaine Satriani-like for hours. It really doesn’t take all that much volume.

I'm sorry guys but I'm so lost on how to set this up. I'm new to the FM9, can someone please explain the physical routing and then how to set it up in FM-9 Edit. I'm scouring the manual but feel a bit overwhelmed. I want to set it up before the amp but not sure if I need a new row or something.

Watch Mark's video at the beginning of this thread....... he uses an expression pedal to introduce the feedback .

I use a spare footswitch and a controller to bring it in and fade it back out.

Look for his preset and see how he set it up.

Back
Top Bottom