Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a red Kay SG as well for my1st electric.....it weighed NOTHING, lol

I wonder how many of those they made ??

Anyone else getting a noticeable delay when the pitch block (classic whammy specifically) is engaged on some patches? It seems to only be happening on one I have with the Badger 30.

I was feeling some amps was lacking dynamic/punch in the Beta, it turned out I after resetting the amp block, I forgot to set the Input Dynamic above zero 🤦‍♂️

With it set at 2, finally the IIC+ punches like the real thing. Just curious, did the Input Dynamic part of modeling changed in the new firmware?

Do anyone else leverage Input Dynamics to get more, well, dynamics?
1615789175444.png

I was feeling some amps was lacking dynamic/punch in the Beta, it turned out I after resetting the amp block, I forgot to set the Input Dynamic above zero 🤦‍♂️

With it set at 2, finally the IIC+ punches like the real thing. Just curious, did the Input Dynamic part of modeling changed in the new firmware?

Do anyone else leverage Input Dynamics to get more, well, dynamics?
View attachment 80044
i've never used that :D

Thanks for the new beta. Sound amazing to me more about the feel than the sound. To be honest the 15.01 sounded already amazing. Is there any chance for some fx (micro looper, granular, glitch) block being added. That would be absolutely stunning.
thanks for your work

Beta 5 sounds great via headphones ,but via Poweramp and guitar cab i miss a lot off bottom end.
That bottom end already changed in beeta 4. Or you could say the mids got louder. However just turn the lows up if you want them?

I had lots of mid boosts (post amp) in my presets before beeta 4 to get an authentic low end. That meant reducing the bass frequencies some and boosting some lower mids.
Now the amps sit right as they are, the lower mids sit right, they sound amp-like. So boost the bass somewhere below 200hz if you want bass.

I found a strange bug with the looper in this beta. If I record something in one preset and listen back, it sounds normal, but if I switch to a different preset that also has a looper block - the loop is now playing at a greatly increased speed.

I found a strange bug with the looper in this beta. If I record something in one preset and listen back, it sounds normal, but if I switch to a different preset that also has a looper block - the loop is now playing at a greatly increased speed.
is the first preset set to Half Time and the 2nd preset set to Normal?

The first preset plays back at normal speed, so I don't see how that could be the case. If it was playing back at half speed I think I'd notice :)
if you have it set to Half speed, and record, it will play back normally. then if you switch to Normal, it will 2x as fast. i'd check.

if you have it set to Half speed, and record, it will play back normally. then if you switch to Normal, it will 2x as fast. i'd check.

Alright, will do! But I haven't touched anything in the looper block, so whatever the default values are, that's what it should be.

Oh, then you ought to try it, adjusting it above zero provides more dynamic which makes it feel more like playing the real amp, I think.

Input Dynamics is a compressor. Not needed at all to make the amp models more real, IMO. I have a real amp next to my Axe-Fx and switch regularly between them (with an A/B switch), and there's nothing off or wrong with the input dynamics of the Axe-Fx.

Input Dynamics is a compressor. Not needed at all to make the amp models more real, IMO. I have a real amp next to my Axe-Fx and switch regularly between them (with an A/B switch), and there's nothing off or wrong with the input dynamics of the Axe-Fx.
I was comparing Axe III IIC+ with my Mark V 35 IIC+ via cab clone, and for this particular comparison, I feel the real amp has quite a bit more dynamic which I like.

Reactions: J.C
I was comparing Axe III IIC+ with my Mark V 35 IIC+ via cab clone, and for this particular comparison, I feel the real amp has quite a bit more dynamic which I like.
Maybe you just need to turn down master volume and/or turn up the level in the axe?

I can't replicate this issue.

Increased dynamic sounds and feels so good when you play alone, as if there is only an advantage without any cost. But a louder attack also means lower sustain in comparison. You notice it when you play with others or with recordings. When your attacks are prominent but the chords that you hold seem not loud enough, well, that's the dynamics knob. Tweak it in a mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom