Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. This firmware is more aggressive in the very high frequencies than the previous beta. There was a mistake in the power amp algorithm that reduced the drive into the virtual power tube grids by about 30% typically. So the grids weren't clipping as soon as they should resulting in reduced high frequency overtones. This typically will only be noticeable on non-MV amps. On non-MV amps you should hear a bit extra "sizzle" in the top end.

And I though I was going mad because the previous FW was very tame on the highs

This is probably just a function of Axe Edit not being up to date just yet for this beta, but having some issues selecting amps. When I go to select an amp, it does not correctly load the one I clicked on. For example, I wanted to try out the SLP Jump model, it goes to the Treble model. I tried a few others and it began jumping around. Not worried, I know it will be fixed, just posting just in case any one else is experiencing this.
Even selecting different channels on the amp block will randomly select different amp models. In a weird way, I kinda would like a "Random" mode. You hit the button, and you get what you get and have to deal with it. But like I said this is may be just an Axe Edit issue.
Edit: Issue was user error and was solved (thanks to Chris) by Refreshing in Axe Edit.

Last edited:
This is probably just a function of Axe Edit not being up to date just yet for this beta, but having some issues selecting amps. When I go to select an amp, it does not correctly load the one I clicked on. For example, I wanted to try out the SLP Jump model, it goes to the Treble model. I tried a few others and it began jumping around. Not worried, I know it will be fixed, just posting just in case any one else is experiencing this.
did you Refresh after New FW in the Tools menu?

Last edited:
Ah sweet. I was just about to fire up the AXE and start building tones in the Beta for a jam this weekend. Perfect timing! Thanks Cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom