Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echoing what everyone has already said, Cygnus is blowing my mind. As someone who prefers “Raw-er” tones that aren’t as compressed or dripping in effects, this update is right up my alley.

I haven’t had a problem dialing out the added darkness and bass. I just tweak the actual bass control in conjunction with the bass cut on the cab block to my liking. If anything, I feel like I’m cutting less bass because those frequencies are much more “musical” sounding and it seems like you can have more without it muddying up the rest of the frequencies.

I haven’t had a problem dialing out the added darkness and bass. I just tweak the actual bass control in conjunction with the bass cut on the cab block to my liking. If anything, I feel like I’m cutting less bass because those frequencies are much more “musical” sounding and it seems like you can have more without it muddying up the rest of the frequencies.

Some players think, the good sound is hidden in the advanced parameters...It should be easy to create a good ampsound with the frontplate knobs ob the amps like in the real world. Why shouldn´t we turn on bass down the modeler like we did at our real Plexis, Diezels, Mesas? If we come to this point like now, than Cliff has done everything allright...but what will he do in the future....?:rolleyes: Playing golf?

I’d like to recommend to the Fractal team that the appropriate beta of the editor be zipped with the related version of the firmware so we can more easily grab and install them both.

That would help avoid those “DOH!” moments when something won’t work because we’ve got the wrong editor version. I couldn’t get the Deluxe Tweed to sound right, and kept staring at the controls, realized I wasn’t seeing both gain controls, then realized that, though I’d installed the latest editor, it was from the main downloads page, so it was the current production version. I reinstalled from the beta firmware announcement message link and there they were! I’ve seen several comments related to others having the same version mismatch.

DOH!

One of the other members (sorry I can't find their post to credit them) posted a SLO configuration that just had the amp set to 6,6,6. I created a preset for that and I have been using it with this beat ever since. I never liked the slo before this software. It really sounds great !

Some of the amps I dread. Diezels in particular. The Herbert weighs a metric ton.

When I retire I might make tube amps as a hobby/side-job. I have a design that would yield a 50W tube amp that weighs less than 20 lbs.
I'm retiring in 9 years and will be looking for side projects to work on ;).

This sounds super good. Do you mind sharing this preset ?
Thanks so much ...
you cand find the preset on Axechange , it is from the great and cool David Levi who has recently posted a version of wicked game , plays Knopfler tunes like nobody else .... :) but it s a :)previous version of his preset , loaded from 15.01 and just tweak... almost nothing I think...
Tell me if you don t manage to find it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom