Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new firmware beta reminds me of having an honest friend. He may not be polite, but he doesn't BS you, just tells it like it is. The amp models that I checked out are rude in the most honest way possible. I enjoy the interaction. They don't make me a better musician, they don't offer any illusion as to who I am as a player. But in that, there is so much room for improvement and refinement because I can hear and feel my own playing in a way that I just haven't been able to before.
That reminds of the first time I played a Bogner. The sound was incredible, and it showed every little detail of my playing technique....especially the bad parts. This is how it SHOULD be.

They haven't been update per se' but they are using the new algorithms. ALL amps will benefit from the new algorithms but only those on the list have had their parameter sets updated.

Some amps are in a partial state of update. If they are only partially updated they won't be on the list.

The Vox models are probably pretty close to their final state but I haven't gone through every parameter on them yet nor compared them with the reference amps.
Really thought the AC15 got more punch - and felt more like playing the real thing.

The character of the aforementioned amps has definitely changed. Some amps are definitely darker/brighter. The 5153 definitely sounds different. I am going to have to wait for my fiance to get out of bed to play them louder to check how the gain sounds in comparison. I would still love a mid cut switch on the Herbie and a D-Moll amp (the best Diezel, IMO).

The FAS amps sound fantastic. Even though the Brootalz was the only one I see that was modified. I think they just have always sounded fantastic though and have been underappreciated.

I have not encountered any bugs besides yesterday when I updated Fractal Bot (and nothing else), my Axe Edit was flickering. Installing Cygnus and the new Axe Edit fixed that.

Thank you!

I don't have a JP2C. JP lent us one of his personal units for that model. I've been looking to buy one but they're out of stock everywhere.
Is it the only amp you don’t have so ? Yes it’s strange this amp is nowhere available 🤔. End of the production ? Hm ...

The new firmware seems to have alleviated a lot of what I can only describe as "quackiness" from previous Ares firmwares, which I found used to be more noticable when using single coils. Might just be me hearing things, but I feel like it's easier to add treble to my patches without them starting to feel a bit artificial. Great work!

I just write a message to boogie as I was endorsed by them some years ago . I asked if it’s discontinued or not ... in fact I don’t see one of them in store since maybe 1 year , I am not looking for it everyday as I own the limited one , but I’m interested about this

Damn ive owned an XL+ for years and just ordered a FM3 and don't want to plug it in until it has this beta firmware LOL We'll see once I get it.

The character of the aforementioned amps has definitely changed. Some amps are definitely darker/brighter. The 5153 definitely sounds different. I am going to have to wait for my fiance to get out of bed to play them louder to check how the gain sounds in comparison. I would still love a mid cut switch on the Herbie and a D-Moll amp (the best Diezel, IMO).

The FAS amps sound fantastic. Even though the Brootalz was the only one I see that was modified. I think they just have always sounded fantastic though and have been underappreciated.

I have not encountered any bugs besides yesterday when I updated Fractal Bot (and nothing else), my Axe Edit was flickering. Installing Cygnus and the new Axe Edit fixed that.

Thank you!
The 100w 5153 channels seem off to me with the input drive....the 12:00 sounds like barely edge of breakup and I'm using HetSet pickups. The 50w blue is very crushing however.

Maybe they don’t do or sell a lot of them, here in Europe it’s completely overpriced...
they stopped the roadking , the roadster... in general they let them some years and change models. I will tell you back about the jp as soon as I have an answer

I don't have a JP2C. JP lent us one of his personal units for that model. I've been looking to buy one but they're out of stock everywhere.
Maybe COVID, I dunno. There was a B-stock on eBay a week or two ago but it was one of those NY music stores and I don't trust them.
I read somewhere that the manufacturer that they source their transformers from went out of business and they are trying to source a new supplier. Not sure if that’s fact or not, but definitely a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom