Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have more info for the rv50 mk2 ?
Is it the combo or the head ?
As I m surprise to put the gain at 10 and a ts808 as boost and not have so much gain, I remembered that the original I tried got a lot more gain 🤨.
so I have check a lot of demos and yep I wasn’t dreaming . Without any boost the amp have tons of gain if you want it

yup, model has way less gain, similar thing like dizzy v4 - real diezel vh4 has much more gain.

As I m surprise to put the gain at 10 and a ts808 as boost and not have so much gain, I remembered that the original I tried got a lot more gain
I noticed the same on some other amp models. The tweed twin can have the master and preamp volumes dimed and the amp is still on the verge of clean territory, and sags much less than I was anticipating. This is with my guitar that can tickle the red on the input meter, so it's not my pickups being too low output. They have no problem driving analog amps.

I've very new to AXEFX, but the only thing I can think of is if you have the 'input boost' inactive, then there's some sort of attenuation at the front of the amp model. If you use the boost, it sounds more like the original circuit should, to me at least. Hopefully someone else can expand on that more.

Doubleneck said:
Found a possible glitch on the USA Lead Mid Gain, It’s louder than the other USA Lead models, it wasn’t like this prior to Cygnus. I attached a preset, switch between the four USA Lead Models scenes as an example.

My post was meant to be constructive, obviously you can turn down the level. Previously the USA Lead, USA Lead Bright, USA Lead Mid Gain and USA Lead Mid Gain Bright models were the same level, wasn't sure if they changed level wise with the new firmware.
A level change in any existing presets is very common in major amp model updates. It is almost never a bug.

Also, Cliff reworked some of the MV tapers part way through the betas.

As I m surprise to put the gain at 10 and a ts808 as boost and not have so much gain, I remembered that the original I tried got a lot more gain 🤨.
so I have check a lot of demos and yep I wasn’t dreaming . Without any boost the amp have tons of gain if you want it

You must be doing something wrong with your preset. The model has plenty of gain. It's one of the highest gain models in there.

For context the gain is even higher than a Dual Rectifier.

I also noticed that! Even using the Boost at 18db and the gain at 10 is still missing.

Instead they’ve got QC owners comparing the modeling/effects to an Atomic Amplifire. And that’s all I’m gonna say bout dat. ;)
We've been doing some research into using Neural Networks for modeling. We tested LSTM and Wavenet. They're far from perfect. Wavenet is the better of the two but suffers from high end accuracy issues. This is consistent with what I've heard from the QC. The high end is grainy and harsh.

The technology holds promise but it's hardly perfect. I'm still of the opinion that our white box approach is superior at this time. It's just not as sexy because it doesn't use the latest technology buzzwords.

I have some ideas on how to improve the technology that we're going to look in to.

We've been doing some research into using Neural Networks for modeling. We tested LSTM and Wavenet. They're far from perfect. Wavenet is the better of the two but suffers from high end accuracy issues. This is consistent with what I've heard from the QC. The high end is grainy and harsh. The technology holds promise but it's hardly perfect. I'm still of the opinion that our white box approach is superior at this time. It's just not as sexy because it doesn't use the latest technology buzzwords. I have some ideas on how to improve the technology that we're going to look in to.

Cygnus up!

I've very new to AXEFX, but the only thing I can think of is if you have the 'input boost' inactive, then there's some sort of attenuation at the front of the amp model. If you use the boost, it sounds more like the original circuit should, to me at least. Hopefully someone else can expand on that more.
Nope...

The Boost is a boost... When disabled, there's no effect on the "normal" sound.

Also, note that for amps like Fenders with Hi/Low input the the default models the Hi input. Set Input Trim to .500 to simulate the low Input.

That doesn't sound like your issue, though.

Post a preset and details on your guitar+pickups...

1/You must be doing something wrong with your preset. The model has plenty of gain. It's one of the highest gain models in there.

For context the gain is even higher than a Dual Rectifier.”

2/“It's not a super high gain amp”

🤯

seriously I think there is something . The previous one got more gain, and the real one too .
Then I won’t repeat it every 3 posts don’t want being boring ...
I notice it and 2/3 others too so ...

You can have a big stoner sound with these amps, and with a tubescreamer it is use in many metal bands . Here with full gain and a boost it’s still not big normally as you said the gain goes like a rectifier . At 5/6 it’s already enough

I also noticed that! Even using the Boost at 18db and the gain at 10 is still missing.
Yes that pretty crazy to put the gain at 10 in a orange . Normally you will have millions of bees 🐝 coming . If you put your guitar in drop D, turn the gain all way up, you can make a single hit, walk all around the planet and the sound still there when you’re back 😅

I just played around with the Rockerverb model. I had the MKI version and I do not remember it being this tame. With Input Drive at 5, it's only delivering a mild, slightly above edge of breakup overdrive. The real amp was spitting fire with gain around noon. The only difference between the MK I and MK II is the powersection, so the preamp should be the same.

I compared it to the Recto Orange and Red channels: Those have much more gain than the current Rockerverb model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom