Axe-Fx II XL User Cabs mess-up [SOLVED]

Berbecu69

Don't know really if this is an XL bug or AxeEdit bug, or I'm doing something horribly wrong, but it plagues me from the beginning (and kept blaming my son for doing what he's not supposed to do). Here we go:

1. Load a user cab via AxeEdit or FractalBot
1.jpg

2. As you can see, the cab is loaded in U001 slot, and U257 is empty
2.jpg

3. Now I powered down the Axe, and when powered it up again, the cab is doubled at U257 slot
3.jpg

4. I deleted (obviously) the cab at U257
4.jpg

5. Powered down the Axe, and when powered it up again, the user cab at U001 has disappeared!
5.jpg

Configuration: Axe-Fx II XL, F/W 15.07, AxeEdit 3.1, FractalBot 2.05, but this was happening with older versions too

Any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm suspecting that things go wrong when deleting U257, which also delete U001 somehow (akin of the reverse behaviour of U257 mirroring U001)

Last edited:
Can somebody with an XL try to replicate this, please? It drives me nuts. The very important steps are the power off/on cycles, this is why it taken me so long to figure out the steps needed for the problem to be replicated

Last edited:
I cannot replicate that here.
How are you deleting the cab? How are you loading the cab? There are a couple of different ways.

I tried loading both with FractalBot and Axe Cab Manage, and I deleted it (U257) from Axe Manage Cab by pressing DEL and Save. The issue appears just after power off/on

Edit: just 1 cab loaded, 'both' refer to both 'software'

Last edited:
It happens with any user cabs, the example I posted was with 1 cab for easier explanation, as I can replicate this all day long. Now I want to try the same procedure without AxeEdit involved, just FractalBot and front panel. Will report back shortly.

Well, I'm puzzled, I can't delete loaded user cabs from Utility/Erase all cabs! All my user cabs are still there after executing this command from the front panel, and worst, the preset which uses one user cab clip VERY hard and sound like no cab is present (that harsh sound of an amp without a cab). Also tried Reset system parameters, to no avail

I think my unit is fried, I can't delete, overwrite, import or alter in any way user cabs slots, with FractalBot, AxeEdit or front panel.

I had the same problem on my first XL, sent it back to g66, they said they did not found any problem but the 2nd XL they sent me is working correctly...

I had the same problem on my first XL, sent it back to g66, they said they did not found any problem but the 2nd XL they sent me is working correctly...

I think I will do the same, waiting for my german speaking wife to come home and I'll give them a call. Thank you.

Last edited:
I contacted G66 and thankfully they said the problem will be investigated. Meanwhile, I just want to underline that although I said the problem can be replicated (and it really could be, until today), it can't be anymore, as the User Cab memory is effectively locked up now. I suspect the trigger was Utility/Erase all cabs attempt, but not sure.

Meanwhile, try clearing up the memory by entering Utility and choosing Delete All User Cabs.

Well, I'm puzzled, I can't delete loaded user cabs from Utility/Erase all cabs! All my user cabs are still there after executing this command from the front panel, and worst, the preset which uses one user cab clip VERY hard and sound like no cab is present (that harsh sound of an amp without a cab). Also tried Reset system parameters, to no avail

Yek, did that a dozen times, no effect

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom