Axe-FX II: Tyler Grund's Plexi Patch

Gamedojo

Power User
I've been spending some time with my new FRFR system building patches to eventually use this weekend for live use (first time ever). Its much easier to build patches to play in recordings then work at full volume, but I'm getting there.

Here is my Down and dirty plexi patch I'll be using for most of my gig. I have no idea how it translates with a band, so don't grab it thinking its been battle tested.

First part is amp "X" and then about halfway in I push a switch on my MFC101 to switch to amp "Y" in the same patch.

Playing some plexi

There is also a 4db boost filter in the patch as well along with a delay that are both off in the stock patch.

PATCH DOWNLOAD

Great patch, Tyler! Lyrical and chewy at the same time. Thanks for sharing that, and all the other goodies on your site.

I see you've got an Onkyo TX-4500. I have the MkII version, and I'm very happy with it. It sounds great, and Onkyo had a unique touch with the whole silver-face concept. I don't play my Axe through it, though. I've grown leary of sending overdriven signals straight to home-audio speakers. I've torn spiders pushing them to a decent level for practice, which is way below gig level. Do you take any special precautions with your T-930 speakers, or do you just crank it?

LOVE my onkyo 4500. It makes everything more musical.

My T930 speakers are rated at pretty high wattage if I'm correct. Something like 400+ but I could be wrong. Either way, I really don't crank them TOO Much, but I have gotten them pretty loud at times. They let me know when i'm pushing them too hard with little weird vibration noises. But I got the speakers on craigslist for so cheap, I'm not concerned. For gig level volumes, I use my JBL SRX monitor, but I mainly use the T930s and 4500 for playback. extremely even response that allows me to really hear all the frequencies being represented.

Great patch, Tyler! Lyrical and chewy at the same time. Thanks for sharing that, and all the other goodies on your site.

I see you've got an Onkyo TX-4500. I have the MkII version, and I'm very happy with it. It sounds great, and Onkyo had a unique touch with the whole silver-face concept. I don't play my Axe through it, though. I've grown leary of sending overdriven signals straight to home-audio speakers. I've torn spiders pushing them to a decent level for practice, which is way below gig level. Do you take any special precautions with your T-930 speakers, or do you just crank it?

LOVE my onkyo 4500. It makes everything more musical.
It is sweet, isn't it?

My T930 speakers are rated at pretty high wattage if I'm correct. Something like 400+ but I could be wrong. Either way, I really don't crank them TOO Much, but I have gotten them pretty loud at times. They let me know when i'm pushing them too hard with little weird vibration noises.
Mine let me know that way, too. Turns out that weird vibrational noise was a torn spider. I'm running a pair of Advent/1 speakers now, and I don't want that to happen to them. So no Axe-FX playing through the system. :)

As always excellent man! Your right though live volumes are a different animal. You hear a lot of pre sets that sound good on the samples but were built at bedroom volumes and they do not sound too good loud. Yours are always great!

Hi Tyler! Sounds great as always.....But i don't what i'am doing wrong....everytime i try to load a Preset from your Page into my Axe Fx....it won't work...i really have no idea what i'am doing wrong....some presets of your page work fine, bute the last ones doesnt :(

Hi Tyler! Sounds great as always.....But i don't what i'am doing wrong....everytime i try to load a Preset from your Page into my Axe Fx....it won't work...i really have no idea what i'am doing wrong....some presets of your page work fine, bute the last ones doesnt :(

Most of his patches use custom IR's ( Redwirez mostly ). Have you checked the cabinet to make sure you've got something loaded ?

Most of his patches use custom IR's ( Redwirez mostly ). Have you checked the cabinet to make sure you've got something loaded ?

Yes i did, but i still hear nothing.....i also tried other cabinets....result: no output.....its really frustrating :D

Back
Top Bottom