Axe-FX II Tweaking Via Axe-Edit

afxwinter

Inspired
Hi guys,

I have an Axe II that's on it's way and was wondering if tweaking patches through Axe-Edit is smoother sounding than it is when using it with the Ultra.
With my Ultra, I get this ugly sound while I'm turning any of the dials in Axe-Edit because I assume it's not an entirely smooth message the Axe is receiving via Midi.
Is this something that was solved with the Axe II?

Is there anything I can read up on designed for people moving from an Ultra to the II?

Thanks for reading!

I have an Axe II that's on it's way and was wondering if tweaking patches through Axe-Edit is smoother sounding than it is when using it with the Ultra.
With my Ultra, I get this ugly sound while I'm turning any of the dials in Axe-Edit because I assume it's not an entirely smooth message the Axe is receiving via Midi.
Is this something that was solved with the Axe II?

The AxeFX 2 can communicate with your computer over USB, rather than midi, which is significantly faster. So "yes", using Axe-Edit is much smoother with the "2".

Terry.

Yeah, that zippering effect when you adjusted parameters in Axe-Edit on the Ultra made Axe-Edit basically unusable for me.

Don't worry, with the Axe II, that effect is completely gone. Adjusting in Axe-Edit sounds almost as smooth as adjusting with the knob. The only thing now is that a second or two after you stop adjusting a control, there's a very, very slight, smooth dip and return in volume that lasts maybe an eighth of a second or so. While you're actually adjusting a control though, things sound exactly the same as if you were adjusting the front panel knob.

OK so first impressions have been pretty good. I'm even liking the default presets so far. One thing that's driving me nuts is that when I have Axe-Edit open and I change the preset, it'll automatically go into one of the block's settings without staying on the main preset view. It's incredibly annoying when I'm just trying to cycle through presets and hear the various sounds. Does anyone have a solution for this?

OK so first impressions have been pretty good. I'm even liking the default presets so far. One thing that's driving me nuts is that when I have Axe-Edit open and I change the preset, it'll automatically go into one of the block's settings without staying on the main preset view. It's incredibly annoying when I'm just trying to cycle through presets and hear the various sounds. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Use axe-edit or the front panel but, not both.

Use axe-edit or the front panel but, not both.
Damn I was hoping I could use both. It worked fine on my Ultra.
Those ABCD knobs were one of the selling points for me and being able to use those in conjunction with Axe-Edit was really appealing.

Damn I was hoping I could use both. It worked fine on my Ultra.
Those ABCD knobs were one of the selling points for me and being able to use those in conjunction with Axe-Edit was really appealing.
There have been many changes to AE since the Ultra days... AE v3.* makes it (basically) a software controller, like the MFC101 is hardware based. It's not bi-directional like it was with 0.9.191.
If you are scrolling thru presets - as nateb said - use the Axe or AE.. not both.
The Axe does not emit midi code for every move it makes, so AE has to poll for changes.
Use one or the other.

There have been many changes to AE since the Ultra days... AE v3.* makes it (basically) a software controller, like the MFC101 is hardware based. It's not bi-directional like it was with 0.9.191.
If you are scrolling thru presets - as nateb said - use the Axe or AE.. not both.
The Axe does not emit midi code for every move it makes, so AE has to poll for changes.
Use one or the other.
Thanks so much for the reply. Are you one of the people who work on Axe-Edit? I love it, it's one of the reasons I've stuck with Fractal for these past years.

Thanks so much for the reply. Are you one of the people who work on Axe-Edit? I love it, it's one of the reasons I've stuck with Fractal for these past years.
NOT on the current version.. I was VERY active in the v1.* rebuilds, but my real job got in the way.. I can take zero credit for v3.* :)

Back
Top Bottom