Axe-Fx II soundfile, almost clean with the JTM45 and a Lester

+1 on the Knopfler vibe

I listened to this...eyes closed, cans on, and it at first struck me as a Hawaiian day for Dire Straits, and then went on to a bit of Gilmour'esque territory.

Regardless, very nice tone.

V.

Loved the tone, although I'd prefer to listen just the guitar without a backing track.
Please upload more when/if you can!

Hi all,

wow! Thanks a lot for all your nice words. (Where's the blushing smiley when you need it?)

Amazing stuff...

*thinks* Germany ? Axe FX II is in Europe already ? Or are you a beta tester ?
Great stuff again !

I'm the supporter for the european distributor (G66), so I had a chance to try it a bit earlier.

Thanks to you all, best,

Jochen

You're welcome Jochen,
I have an LP too so it's nice to have an idea of the tones it'll get.
Thanks for the reply and for taking the time to make that track for us ! Very relaxing.

Tasty soulful playing !

Do I hear a little Parallel setting or some pick up trick to get it that pretty and ' stringy' ?

Well - it's another showcase for Axe 2 - I like a very high % of clips from this box !

The clips on Standards and Ultras were more hit or miss for me- I'm sure part of it is just that my tastes are not for the real high gain stuff- and if it IS high gain I like it kind of smooth and pretty- and it seems the Axe 2 clips are more like that with great cleans and pushed cleans also.

Or IS it that Axe 2 is just much better on cleans and low- medium gain ?

Well either way- the Axe 2 is a beautiful tone machine apparently, definitely getting to me.

very nice Joe! I would love a set of pickups like that with the Peter Green mod for that in the middle setting. Of course the AxeFx II sounds so sweet set up like that.

Hi,

thanks again for listening and all your kind comments.

Love the tone, but man that kick is killer, thumped my head to jelly lol

Yeah, that kick is just awesome. The backing comes from a friend who is a producer and I really like what he does.

Tasty soulful playing !

Do I hear a little Parallel setting or some pick up trick to get it that pretty and ' stringy' ?

Well - it's another showcase for Axe 2 - I like a very high % of clips from this box !

The clips on Standards and Ultras were more hit or miss for me- I'm sure part of it is just that my tastes are not for the real high gain stuff- and if it IS high gain I like it kind of smooth and pretty- and it seems the Axe 2 clips are more like that with great cleans and pushed cleans also.

Or IS it that Axe 2 is just much better on cleans and low- medium gain ?

Well either way- the Axe 2 is a beautiful tone machine apparently, definitely getting to me.

The pickups are out of phase (Peter Green mod, on one of the pickups the magnet is flipped) otherwise there are no tricks. To me the Axe II is better in the clean and low-medium gain domain then the Gen1 versions. I really liked the JTM before, but now I love it.

very nice Joe! I would love a set of pickups like that with the Peter Green mod for that in the middle setting. Of course the AxeFx II sounds so sweet set up like that.

The pickups are a set of David Plummer's (Zhangbucker Pickups) "Pure Handwounds". To get the Peter Green mod you just have to flip the magnet on one of the pickups (or you could ask David to do this directly). David is a nice guy, he knows his stuff and creates great pickups at (to me) really affordable prices. You can talk with him about every detail you want for your pickup and he does everything to make you happy with the result. I first ordered a P90 from him which I loved way more than any other pickup I compared it to. Later I got one of his first sets of the Pure Handwounds and now I have three sets of them and I simply love these pickups. You can get more info (and of course contact David) here: Zhangbucker Pickups

Thanks, best,

Jochen

Back
Top Bottom