AXE-FX II Rack is Finished.... (I think)

tcvans

Inspired
Well..... Seeing Axe-edit 2.0 is just around the corner, I think this will be my final concoction.

I have a number of rack cases, a couple of 2U's and 4U's, a 6U, and this SKB 12U.

The component rundown... ( I took these pix with my phone, but you'll get the idea.)

1. 19" wide touchscreen. (I'm a Systems Admin and have a lot of crap like this laying around.)
2. Line 6 Relay G90 Wireless.
3. Matrix GT1000FX
4. No Description Needed! ;)
5. Tripp Lite ISOBAR 12 Ultra - ABS housing (See explanation from item 1.)

Anyway, 2-5??? necessity. The first item.... eye candy. But it's kinda cool having a 19" "Ipad" controlling Axe-edit built into my rig. LOL
AND, If I turn on the tuner, I can see it on the touchscreen from 20' away!

20130314_015719_zps3705baca.jpg

20130314_015800_zps56ba4262.jpg

Just curious... how well does the touch screen work for manipulating controls ?

It's not too bad. The touchscreen is an Infrared Grid type with multi touch. So i can use anything to control the mouse.

I have a "fine tip" stylus held with Velcro on the inside shelf where my laptop sits. That can get pretty precise.
I'm also running Win7. So I can just flick open the on-screen keyboard and type an exact number for a parameter.

we'll see how it goes or how useful it is during actual applications such as rehearsal.

This my friends, is the future.

NAAAAAaaaah. Not the future for me, I think. I just mastered the front panel :) . AND I try to be prepared from home with my sound So I need only minor adjustments - if any - at rehearsals, live etc.

Plus: One of the reasons I bought an AXE was the desire to go down in size and weight. Without sacrificing sound and versatility.

BUT It really looks cool.'

AAEN

There is some information in the manual how does the Axe-Fx work with its own front panel :)
How about video projector to shoot the Axe-edit on the wall behind whole band? Then everyone can see the tuner :)

Looks cool..... I am also an IT guy :) and love the gear questions at the shows to lol

Let us know how the funtionality is etc. Still a big rack to drag out.....you need it to be in one of those pull out drawers so you can 'flip' it up heh ;) minimize the rack spaces maybe?

Back
Top Bottom