Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Firmware Release

From Q6.02, I had to adjust all of my presets. Majority sounds great and better with Q8.00. Just one or two (on 30) have to be adjusted one more time.

I find cabs 4x12 from Fractal (GB M160 and V30 AT4047) really nice.

BUT, all my presets have Stereo-Ultrares Cabs, and all had only Left cab with my old cabinet after update. Cab R were wrong. Link was and always ON ! I had to deselect and reselect the Cab L to see Cab R with the right IR.

Franck

top tip - if you're not using Y, copy X into Y and soft reset X. then you can compare to see what values your eq was set at etc

a button on the eq page that says "reset" would be nice. then it's best of both worlds. a soft reset of the amp would leave the settings intact, but if you wanted to zero it out, then you'd just have to click on the button.

A bypass switch would be nice too, like real amps have, im still puzzled at why this didnt make it from day one.

Yeah, it's all there in the Timothy it's just not as user friendly imo. That's why I personally prefer and love that Shimmer. It's so easy to use & works for just about everything with minimal tweaking. Although that is being kind of lazy and now that I think of it I'll take the time to learn the ins & outs of the Timothy, I generally always do prefer subtractive eq & hi/low cut to boost type and that's how that pedal works if I'm not mistaken.

IIRC, the tone knob on the Timothy is a backwards high cut. So you'll probably want it closer to 10 than 5. Probably sounds pretty dark at 5, actually.

Cliff,
Thank you so much! Always awesome to be able to try out a new amp. This is the best piece of gear I have ever purchased (and I have been a gear hog for around 40 years!) Every time there is a firmware update, it's like Christmas day for every guitar player.

How good can you make my guitar possibly sound man? This is getting ridiculous. You spoil the shit out of us, I sound so good that I am starting to get a superiority complex and snicker at dudes lugging half stacks into shows, even the boutique $5000 ones. Because I know i'll still sound better than them x 100. I can't believe how good the friedmans sound now. I used to not be able to get them to work for me, I was a Brit Brown guy.. Then the 800 #34 came out, which blew my frickin mind.. With the 8 beta.. the BE V1 is like Heaven on earth. Now the final 8 release, it seems even better. How is this even humanly possible. CAN it get better? Somehow, i'm sure it absolutely will. I don't understand how but god damn, I said the same thing when FW 16 was out.

thinking on the other side of the Amp channel though, I still Can't decide what clean amp works for me though. I'm constantly switching between the Ac-15TB, AC-2012ax7B, Div/13, Orange A30 Cln, CA3+ Clean, Mz-38, Badger 18, Tx star Clean..It's makin me crazy! I still can't get the clean sound of my dreams yet. I know it exists, But I haven't built it yet. The fenders don't seem to really be my sound (The vibroverb is the only one I really dig, and I can get the 5F8 pretty close sometimes).. I am looking for a Right on the edge of breakup cleanish, with some sparkle on it, but full sounding, while being able to stay on my bridge pickup, (usually a SD lil '59, have one in my G&L strat and tele) The Justin York VX30-212 is a pretty good cab though for all the clean amps I go through.. just can't find one that is IT yet. If you've ever heard Propagandhi's clean tone, That's kinda what i'm going for. Something like this (the beginning of the song), but just bit brighter, ya know.. the "sparkle" i mentioned. maybe someone has a preset they can share. I have a mark II. :) thanks.. sorry that whole Clean tone ramble was a little crazy. Blame the adderall. Not me.

How good can you make my guitar possibly sound man? This is getting ridiculous. You spoil the shit out of us, I sound so good that I am starting to get a superiority complex and snicker at dudes lugging half stacks into shows, even the boutique $5000 ones. Because I know i'll still sound better than them x 100. I can't believe how good the friedmans sound now. I used to not be able to get them to work for me, I was a Brit Brown guy.. Then the 800 #34 came out, which blew my frickin mind.. With the 8 beta.. the BE V1 is like Heaven on earth. Now the final 8 release, it seems even better. How is this even humanly possible. CAN it get better? Somehow, i'm sure it absolutely will. I don't understand how but god damn, I said the same thing when FW 16 was out.

thinking on the other side of the Amp channel though, I still Can't decide what clean amp works for me though. I'm constantly switching between the Ac-15TB, AC-2012ax7B, Div/13, Orange A30 Cln, CA3+ Clean, Mz-38, Badger 18, Tx star Clean..It's makin me crazy! I still can't get the clean sound of my dreams yet. I know it exists, But I haven't built it yet. The fenders don't seem to really be my sound (The vibroverb is the only one I really dig, and I can get the 5F8 pretty close sometimes).. I am looking for a Right on the edge of breakup cleanish, with some sparkle on it, but full sounding, while being able to stay on my bridge pickup, (usually a SD lil '59, have one in my G&L strat and tele) The Justin York VX30-212 is a pretty good cab though for all the clean amps I go through.. just can't find one that is IT yet. If you've ever heard Propagandhi's clean tone, That's kinda what i'm going for. Something like this (the beginning of the song), but just bit brighter, ya know.. the "sparkle" i mentioned. maybe someone has a preset they can share. I have a mark II. :) thanks.. sorry that whole Clean tone ramble was a little crazy. Blame the adderall. Not me.

8.01 sounds even better. ;)

I like the Marshall JS - Orange lead with the Super OD in the front - it´s a very balanced amp - i played for years the first version of the Marshall 6100 with EL34 - and i think the JS is very similar

I like the Marshall JS - Orange lead with the Super OD in the front - it´s a very balanced amp - i played for years the first version of the Marshall 6100 with EL34 - and i think the JS is very similar
Tha 6100LM was the very last real tube amp I had. And the JVM Satch is very similar in sound...and has nothing in common with the awful JVMs.

the Wrecker Express in 8.0 is just amazing....try it paired with a Dumble cab from Buddy's Boutique CabPack..( or F105/6)

I had forgotten to update from beta to final 8.0..........but it worked very well at both gigs Sa/So.
Sounds - incredible - nothing boomy or to sharp.....only tone.....very satisfied customer.

Back
Top Bottom