Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

As a Mark 1 and an XL+ owner, I appreciate the hard work FAS. Never use the older modeling version, but definitely am happy about Q6 for my Mark 1 too! Thanks!~

Yes, made my carpal tunnel flare up. It's worth it though, this is the best firmware in the history of the Axe-Fx IMHO.

WOW!!!!!
36297851-great-pic.jpg Holy Cow!.jpg motivational-great-work-red-circle-classroom-clipart-bikRSZ-clipart.jpg

Never seen such dedication and willingness and so many product improvement and many more superlatives!

CLIFF & FAS: Many Many Thanks! For me as an AXE FX 2 MKII user this is great news. Didn't expect this any more.
As I never used old firmware anymore and always follow the newest (including the beta versions) and very happy to see that you have changed your mind for the MK1 & MK2 hardware. Although they are both AXE FX2 and sound still super great the memory was not as large. But you fixed it!

Can not wait to try out the new release which you say is the best IYHO. And the wah: I will definitely have a GO

THANKS!

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/6.0/axefx2_Quantum_6p00.zip

NOTE:
The Mark I/II does not support the Modeling Version controls and uses the latest algorithms by default.

Yup, let's go on to more important subjects : implement and appreciate the FW6 quality. Will not make any overtime today on the job.

Thanks a big big lot to FAS.

POST upgrade : feel the wah has been altered and will have to tweek around a bit. Brit Brown amp indeed more dynamic had to put vol down a bit. Will put it on PA speakers tomorrow, the headphone does no honor to anything (mine at least..). Definitely a very fine version to end up with supposing it's really over now for me as a Mark I/II user. Thanks again FAS.

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread- is there any difference for XL users between the beta and the final version?

Thanks in advance.

I loaded up Q6.00 right before rehearsal last night (stupid, right?). But it rocked! My favorite was the Recto 2 Red model. It's big on the bottom, and big on the top, with a nice relaxed mid. Our sound guy loved the way it fit around the keys and acoustic.

One thing that surprised me was how well it cleaned up by rolling the guitar volume back and pulling it up (not sure if it engages a bright cap or splits the coils - I think a bright cap). Nice clean and warm highs, with percussive bass. Awesome!

Definitely the best firmware yet! Thanks again, Cliff! (Mark I owner).

Had my Mark I since firmware 3 and this is the Best yet!! Amps seem to be more alive and chords build naturally. It's Alive :)

Holy crap, this wah is absolutely killer now! What a difference. It transitions super smoothly verses a big "thump" when turned on and off w/ position. Man this is killer. TYVVVVM

Cliff you are the man! Thanks a ton for rolling up the sleeves and working out a solution where everybody is happy. I had a feeling this would be the case, but Monday night I bit the bullet and ordered an XL+ regardless. Very happy with the decision, but glad that whomever ends up with my MkI that they get to be current with the best guitar processing in the world!

Back
Top Bottom