Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Public Beta

I'm guessing channels 3 and 4 have boost mode enabled.

No, don't think so.

Form the 4.01 beta:
"To simulate the Boost switch use the Boost switch in the amp block as it has the same amount of gain."

Improved diode clipping algorithms in Drive block. As a result the following Drive models have been rematched:

o Rat Dist
o Super OD
o T808 OD
o T808 MOD
o Plus Dist
o Esoteric ACB
o Esoteric RCB
o Zen Master
thanks a lot, is it the same or new improvements algorithms in comparison with the qt4.01b?

Thanks for this, & that
and particularly the other thing.

Your business is one of the best I have come across.

Pauly

Banged my head again and when I came around...

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/5.0/axefx2_Quantum_5p00beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/5.0/axefx2_xl_Quantum_5p00beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/5.0/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_5p00beta.syx

Release Notes:

Improved preamp tube modeling for tubes driving cathode followers. In models that use cathode followers this results in warmer distortion with smoother decay. The shape of the cathode follower distortion can be adjusted with the new “CF Hardness” parameter found on the Advanced tab in the Amp block.

Added “Legato 100” amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100.

Added “Capt Hook” amp models based on a Hook Captain Classic 34. This amp uses a mu follower which yields a complex distortion with smooth decay. There are six models:

1. Capt Hook 1A: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches off.
2. Capt Hook 1B: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches on.
3. Capt Hook 2A: Channel 2 with Edge switch off.
4. Capt Hook 2B: Channel 2 with Edge switch on.
5. Capt Hook 3A: Channel 3 with Edge switch off.
6. Capt Hook 3B: Channel 3 with Edge switch on.

Improved diode clipping algorithms in Drive block. As a result the following Drive models have been rematched:

o Rat Dist
o Super OD
o T808 OD
o T808 MOD
o Plus Dist
o Esoteric ACB
o Esoteric RCB
o Zen Master

Fixed tone stack error in Recto 2 amp models.

Changed Presence knob taper in Recto1 Norm and Recto2 Vntg models to match actual amps.

Changed behavior of Amp block’s Preamp Comp when set to “Ideal” so that compression amount is roughly the same as when set to “Authentic”. If you are using the Ideal setting on a preset you may need to increase the Preamp Comp parameter value.

NOTES:

1. This update will NOT change the sound of existing presets as the amp modeling version will automatically be set to the version when the preset was created. To use the new amp modeling set the Modeling Version parameter in the Amp block to “Latest”. When selecting new amp models the Modeling Version will be set according to the Default Modeling Version in the Global menu.

2. Due to space limitations in the Mark I/II BOOTROM this firmware is not backwards compatible with presets created prior to firmware version 15.08. This limitation only exists for the Mark I/II. XL and XL+ still maintain backward compatibility.

Thank you very much Cliff and FAS for this update ! Very happy that you found a solution for the Axe Fx II owners. Just thought about something reading your notes : is there a way to "see" on which firmware a preset was created ? Thanks .

Should the USA IIC++ have a radically different tone when switching to the latest modeling version? Latest seems to add quite a bit of upper midrange.

+1

Radically different is right. There's definitely something wrong with the IIC++ model. I wouldn't say upper mids though, more like low mids/"mid" mids. When you select Latest, the amp model gets a lot darker and really raunchy sounding. It also gets a lot louder.

Oh well, guess I'll roll back to 4.01 beta until Cliff (hopefully) posts a bug fix.

Hi Fractal

Just put 5.00b on ........ dont know if its my ears or not ...... but didn't really hear any changes on my " Vox " amps but my Dirty Shirley, Atomica, Tucana Triptik and Engl patchs really do sound audibly " stickier " .... in the best possible way :) ..... it was especially noticeable when I re-did my testing at live/gig levels.

Only [ very minor issue ] was that I did need to do a minor re-adjustment on my preset-to-preset levels as they were affected ... but thats easy / no biggie.

I rolled back to 2.x a while ago for gigging ... skipped 3 and 4 ..... but 5 is definitely a keeper ... it was an easy decision especiaslly when I started turing up my checking / tweaking to gig/live volumes ....... and I dont even use any of the drive pedals :)

Thanks,
Ben

Cliff and FAS. As a Mark I user I really appreciate it. As I've already mentioned lots of times, Fractal user and fan for life here. Today I've seen yet another example of this from you. Thanks a million. You guys rock!

Apparently resetting parameters on the ac30tb model changes preamp bias from -0.4 to -0.02 and harmonics from 0 to 0.75 - the same values that were on Q2.01. Is this a step back for most authentic values / measurements or is it just something irrelevant?

Banged my head again and when I came around...

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/5.0/axefx2_Quantum_5p00beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/5.0/axefx2_xl_Quantum_5p00beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/5.0/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_5p00beta.syx

Release Notes:

Improved preamp tube modeling for tubes driving cathode followers. In models that use cathode followers this results in warmer distortion with smoother decay. The shape of the cathode follower distortion can be adjusted with the new “CF Hardness” parameter found on the Advanced tab in the Amp block.

Added “Legato 100” amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100.

Added “Capt Hook” amp models based on a Hook Captain Classic 34. This amp uses a mu follower which yields a complex distortion with smooth decay. There are six models:

1. Capt Hook 1A: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches off.
2. Capt Hook 1B: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches on.
3. Capt Hook 2A: Channel 2 with Edge switch off.
4. Capt Hook 2B: Channel 2 with Edge switch on.
5. Capt Hook 3A: Channel 3 with Edge switch off.
6. Capt Hook 3B: Channel 3 with Edge switch on.

o Rat Dist
o Super OD
o T808 OD
o T808 MOD
o Plus Dist
o Esoteric ACB
o Esoteric RCB
o Zen Master

Fixed tone stack error in Recto 2 amp models.

Changed Presence knob taper in Recto1 Norm and Recto2 Vntg models to match actual amps.

Changed behavior of Amp block’s Preamp Comp when set to “Ideal” so that compression amount is roughly the same as when set to “Authentic”. If you are using the Ideal setting on a preset you may need to increase the Preamp Comp parameter value.

NOTES:

1. This update will NOT change the sound of existing presets as the amp modeling version will automatically be set to the version when the preset was created. To use the new amp modeling set the Modeling Version parameter in the Amp block to “Latest”. When selecting new amp models the Modeling Version will be set according to the Default Modeling Version in the Global menu.

2. Due to space limitations in the Mark I/II BOOTROM this firmware is not backwards compatible with presets created prior to firmware version 15.08. This limitation only exists for the Mark I/II. XL and XL+ still maintain backward compatibility.

Thank you very much Cliff for everything! As Mark user I'm very happy, I know that this thing can only delay the natural obsolecence of the machine but I appreciate it!

Very good solution Cliff. As a Mark I owner since the first day I thank you!
Any idea how much FW updates are still 'left' for the Mark I/II owners? Is the end near?

Back
Top Bottom