Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

Sounds like the future is going to be so bright we'll need to wear darker shades :cool:
Time to start pounding the old F5 again... sometime soon :D

Wait 'til you hear Q3.00... LOL (had another epiphany).

Let me guess...you figured out how to build an incredible shrinking machine so that you can shrink every amp on the planet to a microscopic size. Then, you are going replicate them using a 3D printer. Finally, you're going to use the teleportation device you built to transport them into every Axe-Fx and Ax8 on the planet. :)

Last edited:
I fear every national holiday, because each time I go back to work I see a revolutionnary update I can't try :D

The Neverending Story....:D:D:p

This is great. I might be one of those who won't notice improvements from now on. I mean it is amazing now, but whenever I try to change tube type, I can't hear a difference. So it is highly likely I won't hear improvement now :)

BUT, I really really appreciate your effort to make it even better. Thanks Cliff and FAS for continuous giving to us.

This is great. I might be one of those who won't notice improvements from now on. I mean it is amazing now, but whenever I try to change tube type, I can't hear a difference. So it is highly likely I won't hear improvement now :)

BUT, I really really appreciate your effort to make it even better. Thanks Cliff and FAS for continuous giving to us.
Some of the improvements aren't really noticeable to me between consecutive firmware releases. But like watching the hour hand on the clock move, even though it doesn't look like its moving, it is.

Okay, I guess I will stop redialing my presets as 2.04 tones, now. :confused: I think I'm just going to settle on like five presets that I migrate rigorously and let the rest lag. I cannot redial at the same rate as the lightning of inspiration strikes @FAS.

Cliff's every expanding intellectual curiosities re: "epiphanies" are great to hear about, speculate and implement/try out. The last big one - applied "real values" vs. theoretical was an great advancement in amp tone/feel.

The last "little" epiphany (IIRC - re: Transformer Match? Or perhaps that was a few FWs ago by now ... trying hard to keep up) - is something I find myself using in nearly every patch w/ breakup/distortion. I find myself nearly always dropping that value down to 0.880 or even as far as 0.740 to get a little more crispness/clarity or grit into the breakup. I find going positive (above 1.0) is something I don't like. I don't fully understand "why" yet.

I am still seeking to understand "why" things react the way they do, having no background in tube circuit design - so I've been watching Uncle Doug YouTube videos to understand amplifier circuits and components. Went through the transformer (power and output), phase inverters, output tubes, and Class A and AB and singled ended, etc. circuit tutorials in the past few days. Cathode Bypass Filters are today, with other bits I'm sure to follow. The pace at which he delivers information is a little slow ... but super helpful.

I know little bit more about biasing amps, phase inversion, transformer matching, etc a little more which helps me comprehend a little better when Cliff talks about certain modeling changes. Miles and miles to go on the learning journey - but it has helped a little.

Looking forward to Q3. :) Any hints as to what may be changing/coming?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Improved, more accurate, extremely accurate... forget the numbers, with so frequent epiphanies soon you'll run out of adjectives to be used in release notes ;)

Hope that one of those epiphanies will help you to find the way to model feedback ;)

Would like to get 2.04 on AX8 before 3.0 on Axe-FX. (Just sayin). I have both and hope there won't be a pattern of the AX8 lagging well behind the FX.

Back
Top Bottom