Axe-FX II Outputs 1 & 2 PA Question

Morbid

Inspired
Greetings Gearheads.

I've got a brief (and most like silly and already answered)question for everyone. I've sifted through the manual, and while it could just be because I'm exhausted, I can't find a simple answer for my question, but I'll try to make this brief.

I've been using the Axe-fx II a lot lately, and I normally run out of Output 1 Left, into my Poweramp, and then through my Mesa Cab. Sounds wonderful. On my presets, I also have a set of scenes where there is a cabinet in place for direct recording/playing.

Earlier this week, I was asked if I would play a last minute gig with some friends. I brought the Axe-FX, and rather than unplugging my cable running from Output 1 to the Poweramp, I simply ran out of Output 2 left (only needed mono)straight into the PA. Switched to my preset with the cabinet, and it sounded TERRIBLE. Like Boss Metal Zone straight into a PA terrible. In fact, when I switched from my normal scene without the cabinet, back to the one WITH the cabinet...I couldn't hear a difference.

When I plugged into Output 1, it sounded fine. This is a preset I built from the ground up, and I am of course not as knowledgeable about the unit or it's capabilities as I'd like to be, but I noticed in the manual that it gives an example on how to use Output 1 for PA, and output 2 for a Poweramp without a cab IR simultaneously, and while ultimately I WOULD like to use one Output dedicated to running to a PA, and the other dedicated to going to a Poweramp, that way I don't have to have a multitude of different scenes/settings, it almost seems as though it's already set up that way.

Am I missing something? Am I even making sense?
OH MY GOD WHAT YEAR IS IT!?!?!

Sorry...got carried away.
Anyhow, any advice is greatly appreciated :) lol

Sounds like maybe your cab block wasn't engaged. Wrong scene? Cabs globally disabled? Wrong routing in the grid? Got COPY L>R turned on?

The cab block was definitely engaged. First thing I checked. Scene was right too.

Chris, I'll try to take a screenshot of the layout later, but I can tell you everything is run in a straight line with no FX Loop Block. Your article breaks it down quite nicely though, and that'll likely be the "route" (haha)I go now. I'll just use Output 2 to my PowerAmp instead of Output 1. Thanks gents!

Back
Top Bottom