AXE FX II, New Buyer Questions

Thanks Ben.
Good input on the warrenty.
I figure FRFR will be the way to go but I am planning on stalling just a bit. I want to do my homework on what to get (when I am not so focused on the Axe) and it doesn't hurt to spread out the spending just a bit.

Thanks randyman.
Good advice on the headphones. I know that the speakers are a big part of what makes the sound right. Even if you are wearing the speakers on your head. :) I will upgrade.

Hey Greg H,

I have really enjoyed this whole thread! I'm in the same place as you, as I 'm waiting on the list to purchase a new Axe Fx ll or XL. All of your questions reflected my concerns on what to do or buy, and watch out for when getting the new "magic box".

The advice from these forum members is outstanding! This puts me more at ease as we are about to jump into a substantial purchase into another amp modeler.

I hope you will give us your initial impressions about your new Axe Fx after you try it. By the way, have you been able to try out a unit before now?

Bill

Hey Wild Bill,
No, I have not tried the unit myself yet. I am going on word of mouth and having watched several YouTube videos. Also, can so many happy forum members be wrong? :)
I am sure you will be hearing more from me after I get the unit. If nothing else, it will be the "help me, what do I do now" threads as I get myself into trouble.
And I agree. The help and advise from the forum members has been outstanding. I am beginning to believe that it will be possible for me to make this unit work. :)
Greg

Focus on the Axe first, then get accessories if/when you feel you need them. Getting too much at once can easily get overwhelming.

The EPROM is a good idea if you're gigging or if it just makes you more comfortable. I haven't borked my Axe (yet) and I can crash & trash, or should I say 'stress test' or 'find the weaknesses', in anything and everything (I must be loosing my touch as I really do find bugs in everything, I've gotta try harder at programming crazy presets).

For your FCB1010 the Eureka Prom has an Axe FX mode, it is not bi-directional like the MFC101 but should get you going quickly.
http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/fa
The Uno chip is also well liked for FCB1010 and there are some web posts on setting up the Eueka prom with the Axe.

Most importantly: the Axe is a tool for making music. Start with models of amps and cabs you know and focus on making music.

Last edited:
Hey MaxTwang,
Thanks for the information. I bookmarked the Eureka page. I didn't have the Eureka Prom in my FCB but had intended to get it anyway. So I just ordered it off your link. I had hesitated to spend the money in the past but for some reason, when I am about to spend over $2k, another $35 doesn't seem like a big deal. :)

I had been concerned about being overwhelmed. In fact, I feel overwhelmed just getting the FX so going slowly on the additional items seems like a good idea to me.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom