Axe-FX II - JTV-59USA Acoustic tones - Live Video

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
This is from Friday's sound check - we are doing Melissa Lambert's "Baggage Claim" which I play acoustic on.

Direct into my Axe-FX II and then out to FOH. I monitor myself on stage via my RCF (all the monitors were down on the floor in front of the stage for this gig).

In my Axe-FX II signal routing, I have a multi-band compressor set more like a limiter but it's very lightly set so I have a very modern sort of acoustic sound for this band... which I feel fits. Note I do not use any acoustic IR's or any cab block at all - this is straight out of the JTV. Mark (the other guitarist) is using his Strat into an Egnator Renegade.

This shot from an IPhone and the audio is all from the camera mic. Take it for what it is.

I'm over on House right/Stage left... in the dark. LOL.

Good stuff Scott! I can barely see you... but I knew it was you cuz I can see the Axe II's green screen and input indicator lights going up in sync to the acoustic strumming. :lol

(BTW, it's Miranda Lambert) ;)

Nice Scott. I used my JTV59 yesterday at practice with my AxeII...not the best results. I was using an acoustic IR, might try your idea.
Thanks for posting.
What acoustic model were you using in the JTV?

I think it works well, i pretty much do the same thing but on an Ultra with a line 6 500 i had transplanted into a warmoth tele deluxe (Phil Hartley Guitar Repairs - Warmoth Gallery). How are the new JTV59's as i always liked the technology just not not the guitars hence the rather expensive custom job, it would be nice to have a spare just in case?

Jack.

I have a prototype and it's the USA version - so I can't speak for the production models or the imports.

I can say that this is a killer instrument before the modeling and what it does has made it my go-to live tool of choice.

Nice Scott. I used my JTV59 yesterday at practice with my AxeII...not the best results. I was using an acoustic IR, might try your idea.
Thanks for posting.
What acoustic model were you using in the JTV?

I use the Jumbo with the 'mic' position (tone knob at about 3). I have it saved that way. I also use the DADGAD tuning with that model on two songs; and 12-String Jumbo to do Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" on this gig.

It really does the job well.

I have a prototype and it's the USA version - so I can't speak for the production models or the imports.

I can say that this is a killer instrument before the modeling and what it does has made it my go-to live tool of choice.

Guess that means i'm gonna have to check one out at some point after paying for an AxeFX2 when my point in the wait list comes up.

Back
Top Bottom