Axe fx II interface

David1710

Hi, sorry for some silly questions coming up. I have just bought an axe II and I am looking to start recording and mixing on my pc (with pro tools 12).
My questions are do I need to buy a separate interface? If I'm using the axe as an interface, will it be ok to use to mix on, running superior drummer and such. My other concern would be adjusting the levels of the inputs and outputs while trying to jam along to YouTube or the likes. If I'm to get an interface I was looking at focusite Scarlett. If it is better to get an interface, would it be better to get one with spdif in and outs?

Thanks in advance, any help or info is appreciated.

You don't need a separate interface.
One prob though - if you'll ever think of recording mic's, you won't be able to with the axe. There are no mic preamps.

Axe can work well but interfaces are cheap, and having a separate one gives some added flexibility so I’d go that route.

I use a NI interface, paired with a small mixer, hooked to my monitors. This way I can pc audio, my axe audio, and easy adjustments of levels, backing tracks playing from pc, pc audio without turning the axe on etc

I can also just hook up the Axe via usb to record direct, reamp etc

Flexibility and options is a good thing to have

Axe can work well but interfaces are cheap, and having a separate one gives some added flexibility so I’d go that route.

I use a NI interface, paired with a small mixer, hooked to my monitors. This way I can pc audio, my axe audio, and easy adjustments of levels, backing tracks playing from pc, pc audio without turning the axe on etc

I can also just hook up the Axe via usb to record direct, reamp etc

Flexibility and options is a good thing to have
I suppose it can't hurt to play around with the axe without an interface and see if I need one. I just figured it would be easier as like you say the pc audio aspect and levels. I can grab a cheap interface. How is your interface hooked up to your axe and monitors?
Thanks for the quick replies already!

There's some really nice charts in the manual with guides, how to hook it all up in different way
Check it out if you haven't already done so ..
good luck and welcome to the forum

:)

An interface is definitely the more flexible option. But, if all you're concerned about right now is jamming along to youtube, just use your Axe as the interface and adjust the level of youtube with the USB return level parameter in the IO menu.

Back
Top Bottom