Axe-Fx II FW v13.07 Released!

So I can see the new Bright control on the axe's front panel but can't see it in Axe Edit after refreshing the Block Definitions twice.

Or am I just blind?

Also...

I'm curious as to how this new control/parameter has been implemented with regards to the Triaxis sims.
Since the Triaxis sims were all modelled with Cliff's Triaxis' Presence control on 10, have the Triaxis sims in 13.06 been slightly modified from earlier firmware releases?
I.e. I see that when I call up any of these sims that the new Bright control defaults to 12:00 aka 0 db.
Based on prior info about these sims I would have expected it to default to 12 db or max.
No?

But I don't have any presets that were saved prior to 13.06 that used any of the Triaxis sims.
Maybe presets like that would come up in 13.06 with the Bright control on maximum?

Any more info from Cliff or anyone else on how this was/is implemented with respect to the Triaxis sims would be appreciated.

When I owned my Triaxis I usually rode the Presence control at 5 or lower preferring to add those frequencies as desired via my power amp's Presence controls.
So I'm still kind of interested in being able to duplicate those tones in the Axe as closely as possible if possible.

Also..
One of the things I never could do with a real Triaxis was to defeat its hard-wired bright switch/cap.
Being able to do that on the Axe sims of the clean Triaxis channels is very helpful for being able to achieve a more suitable dark-ish jazz tone from these sims than I could ever get from the real Triaxis, which is great.
Of course since buying an Axe-FX I don't tend to use the Triaxis sims to get that type of tone anymore. lol
Still, it's fun to experiment.

Bugs after last update:
1. After switching from preset with TEMPO=PRESET to preset with TEMPO=GLOBAL, the Tempо not returns to the Global
2. In some amplifiers changed new paramert Bright=On, and in some - no
PS. Sorry for my bad English

Thanks M@. Once again you and FAS show great work. And it is carnival holidays here in Brazil. Guess what I am going to do? Play with my Axe FX2, of course for 4 long days. LOL

Bugs after last update:
1. After switching from preset with TEMPO=PRESET to preset with TEMPO=GLOBAL, the Tempо not returns to the Global
2. In some amplifiers changed new paramert Bright=On, and in some - no
PS. Sorry for my bad English

The new Bright control is not the same as the "Bright switch"... the new control is the knob right next to the Treble control in the amp block...

Also...

I'm curious as to how this new control/parameter has been implemented with regards to the Triaxis sims.
Since the Triaxis sims were all modelled with Cliff's Triaxis' Presence control on 10, have the Triaxis sims in 13.06 been slightly modified from earlier firmware releases?
I.e. I see that when I call up any of these sims that the new Bright control defaults to 12:00 aka 0 db.
Based on prior info about these sims I would have expected it to default to 12 db or max.
No?

But I don't have any presets that were saved prior to 13.06 that used any of the Triaxis sims.
Maybe presets like that would come up in 13.06 with the Bright control on maximum?

Any more info from Cliff or anyone else on how this was/is implemented with respect to the Triaxis sims would be appreciated.

When I owned my Triaxis I usually rode the Presence control at 5 or lower preferring to add those frequencies as desired via my power amp's Presence controls.
So I'm still kind of interested in being able to duplicate those tones in the Axe as closely as possible if possible.

Also..
One of the things I never could do with a real Triaxis was to defeat its hard-wired bright switch/cap.
Being able to do that on the Axe sims of the clean Triaxis channels is very helpful for being able to achieve a more suitable dark-ish jazz tone from these sims than I could ever get from the real Triaxis, which is great.
Of course since buying an Axe-FX I don't tend to use the Triaxis sims to get that type of tone anymore. lol
Still, it's fun to experiment.

If you look at the release notes, it seems from 0 to negative value emulates the control on the triaxis.

"This control also accurately replicates the “Presence” control found in the Mesa Triaxis preamp when set to negative values (the Presence control in the Triaxis is actually a high frequency cut shelving filter)."

Added “Bright” control to Amp block. This high treble control is a shelving filter between the preamp and power amp and may be used to darken or brighten the output of the preamp. This control also accurately replicates the “Presence” control found in the Mesa Triaxis preamp when set to negative values (the Presence control in the Triaxis is actually a high frequency cut shelving filter). Note: this is not to be confused with the “Bright Switch” which engages/disengages a capacitor across the drive pot.

Is this the "Brilliance" parameter that Cliff was talking about?

If you look at the release notes, it seems from 0 to negative value emulates the control on the triaxis.

"This control also accurately replicates the “Presence” control found in the Mesa Triaxis preamp when set to negative values (the Presence control in the Triaxis is actually a high frequency cut shelving filter)."

OK. Thanks.
I did read that but I didn't really understand it.
But looking at it again, thanks, I think I get it.

If I do get it then it means that values above 0 db on the Axe's new Bright control will simulate the Triaxis' Presence control set beyond its possible maximum setting.
Right?
I.e. If the Bright control at 0 db models the Triaxis' Presence control at maximum (I think it went to 10), then setting the Bright control higher than 0 db will simulate a super bright setting not achievable on a real Triaxis.
Do I have that correct?

OK. Thanks.
I did read that but I didn't really understand it.
But looking at it again, thanks, I think I get it.

If I do get it then it means that values above 0 db on the Axe's new Bright control will simulate the Triaxis' Presence control set beyond its possible maximum setting.
Right?
I.e. If the Bright control at 0 db models the Triaxis' Presence control at maximum (I think it went to 10), then setting the Bright control higher than 0 db will simulate a super bright setting not achievable on a real Triaxis.
Do I have that correct?

That is my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom