Axe-Fx II - Friedman HBE + Ibanez Roadstar Serries II = Sounds Organic!

Very nice. Good tune, well played.

If you don't mind a bit of constructive critisicm: I think the long notes could have used some finger vibrato. Increases the 'feel'.

Like it! Sounds a bit Satriani influenced. I'd agree with yek though, a bit a vibrato on the holds would add to that organic feel. I have a Rroadstar II as well, now if my wait list number would just come up...

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your kind and constructive comments about the sound and my playing!

I promise to improve in the near future :)

Man, with some better guitar faces, you could pass for Mark Day's long lost twin!

Great playing, btw. Love the melody and the tone is great.

Great stuff, far above the usual how-many-notes-can-I-cram-into-one-bar stuff.

I also love the Roadstar II. I've had mine for nearly 20 years. The neck is phenomenal (nearly identical to the Wizard necks, but thicker near the nut), the vibrato is smooth and rock-steady and, as you say, the stock pickups are great.

Man, with some better guitar faces, you could pass for Mark Day's long lost twin!

Great playing, btw. Love the melody and the tone is great.

Hi Webb,

Thanks for the analogy to Mark Day's (WOW! - It is a bomb! By the way I love his style and video's) and very kind complements in regards to the tone, melody and my playing. I do very much appreciate it!

Great stuff, far above the usual how-many-notes-can-I-cram-into-one-bar stuff.

I also love the Roadstar II. I've had mine for nearly 20 years. The neck is phenomenal (nearly identical to the Wizard necks, but thicker near the nut), the vibrato is smooth and rock-steady and, as you say, the stock pickups are great.

Hi Rex,

I LOVE the way how you have commented above. This is a Great Stuff :)

The Roadstar II model I have is from 1986 (Made in Japan) and actually it is RG440. If I remember correctly Ibanez in 1986 implemented the "RG" prefix with the Roadstar II series guitars. I think it was the beginning of the RG series back in 80's. By the way, I really like the oil-finish neck. The guitar is a keeper for me.

Thank You!

The Roadstar II model I have is from 1986 (Made in Japan) and actually it is RG440. If I remember correctly Ibanez in 1986 implemented the "RG" prefix with the Roadstar II series guitars. I think it was the beginning of the RG series back in 80's. By the way, I really like the oil-finish neck. The guitar is a keeper for me.

IIRC the RG was not based on the Roadstar, but instead it was introduced in 1987 as a less expensive line of the JEM. JEM and RG have the same basic layout, which is different from the Roadstar.

But of course that doesn't mean the Roadstar is bad guitar, not at all!! Wonderfull guitar!!! (and nice playing BTW)

IIRC the RG was not based on the Roadstar, but instead it was introduced in 1987 as a less expensive line of the JEM. JEM and RG have the same basic layout, which is different from the Roadstar.

But of course that doesn't mean the Roadstar is bad guitar, not at all!! Wonderfull guitar!!! (and nice playing BTW)

Hi Voes,

Thank you for chiming in but please go to this website: http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/RSSpecs83-88-icw.html. You will find a diagram that shows all the models of Ibanez guitars from 1983-1988. It shows that the RG440 Roadstar Series II foals into 1986-1988 "RG" series. It is probably not important but wanted to share it with you.

BTW- Thanks for your kind words about my playing.

You're right, Rezonans. The RG was born of the Roadstar. The Roadstar's neck was modified to become the Wizard neck (I actually prefer the feel of the Roadstar), and the basswood body was reshaped to become the RG body.

Hi Voes,

Thank you for chiming in but please go to this website: http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/RSSpecs83-88-icw.html. You will find a diagram that shows all the models of Ibanez guitars from 1983-1988. It shows that the RG440 Roadstar Series II foals into 1986-1988 "RG" series. It is probably not important but wanted to share it with you.

BTW- Thanks for your kind words about my playing.

Interesting. didn't knew that. I got my information from Ibanez The Untold Story. (which is a must-read book for every ibanez-fan btw)

doesn't matter really, both guitars are fantastic instruments.

Interesting. didn't knew that. I got my information from Ibanez The Untold Story. (which is a must-read book for every ibanez-fan btw)

doesn't matter really, both guitars are fantastic instruments.

Hi Voes,

Thank you for sharing.

I will definitely check the book. I have never heard about it. I have only 3 Ibanez guitars in my arsenal but love each and every model I have and what the company accomplished over the years.

Back
Top Bottom