Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

I understand where people are coming from regarding paying for the ultrares ownhammers.
I bought the old packs and I bought the new packs.
For $99 its worth every penny.
With ultrares not I only do I feel the cab I swear I can smell them too.

But I said "even with the same cabs." i.e even without switching the the ultra-high res.

Even though it says ultra rez it does not mean it is ultra rez. You have to use either the 10 free ones or buy the new cab pack.

Can we just all note at this point that this forum is not a safe place for people to state any complaints they have about anything Fractal related and all move on?

that's silly.

you can complain all you want.

but just as you are allowed to complain, others are allowed to suggest how to cope or offer explanations.

it's all a part of the learning process.

Besides, if you are complaining about this update then, well I don't think anyone knows what to tell you except that you are wrong.
that's silly.

you can complain all you want.

but just as you are allowed to complain, others are allowed to suggest how to cope or offer explanations.

it's all a part of the learning process.

Besides, if you are complaining about this update then, well I don't think anyone knows what to tell you except that you are wrong.

Yeah. Totally. Comments like this and calling people douches really fosters an open forum.

By the way guys, this is me, not complaining about anything, and still saying that most of you guys treat anyone that has anything other than a technical problem like pariahs.

My only complaint is that I have to go play and I don't have time to tweak and play and discover new amps and cabs and also that I keep saying holy shitballs. Good thing I know the spanish version (thanks to Cliff) otherwise my kids would be picking up bad language.

Yeah. Totally. Comments like this and calling people douches really fosters an open forum.

By the way guys, this is me, not complaining about anything, and still saying that most of you guys treat anyone that has anything other than a technical problem like pariahs.

Come on man. This thing is awesome. There is nothing to complain about. Now you're just torturing yourself. Cliff and Co are a giant gift horse full of off season christmas fantasticalness.

I only break out the rhymes with rouche when its deserved.

Absolutely nobody can argue with me that you can complain about buying something because something better came out soon afterwards be it high res cabs, iphones, computers or Petrucci guitars (got to add guitar 60 to my collection now and Im not complaining).

Sometimes grownup babies need to be spanked. Nuff said!

Come on man. This thing is awesome. There is nothing to complain about. Now you're just torturing yourself. Cliff and Co are a giant gift horse full of off season christmas fantasticalness.

Did you just completely miss my point???

I have no complaints about anything related to this update. Read that again: I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

That doesn't change the fact that I've now seen, numerous times, people get treated like shit simply because they take issue with something Fractal has done on the business front.

Also, note that my initial post was not even "Hey guys, let's be more respectful of people that have complaints." My post was actually aimed at those people and just saying, "Note this. Move on. There's no point in airing that here." I'm sorry, there just isn't.

So italics are Ultrarez, does this mean that Clark kent's ir's are ultra rez? Cause they show up italicized in axe-edit for me!

Reactions: sam
I only break out the rhymes with rouche when its deserved.

Absolutely nobody can argue with me that you can complain about buying something because something better came out soon afterwards be it iphones, computers or Petrucci guitars (got to add guitar 60 to my collection now and Im not complaining).

Sometimes grownup babies need to be spanked. Nuff said!

As far as I can tell from this exchange, he's not the one that rhymes with rouche. But maybe I'm alone in that assessment.

Nuff said! (the "creative" spelling and exclamation point lets you know I'm for serious)

people get treated like shit simply because they take issue with something Fractal has done on the business front.

what of the recent comments qualify for "people getting treated like shit"? honest question. and i don't disagree with you in general.

what of the recent comments qualify for "people getting treated like shit"? honest question.

Calling someone a douche because they don't like the process involved in using the new IRs? I'd say that's uncalled for, and, in conjunction with really just discounting his point, that adds up to treating the guy like shit, in my opinion.

And there's been multiple instances recently, as Cliff has found various other ways to monetize various elements, where people have been basically berated for taking issue with certain things.

It's my understanding that once Cab Lab is updated (next week) we'll be able to take the 48k mono .wav files that Ownhammer provides us with any cab pack we've bought from them, and assuming that those .wav files are 100ms or longer (which most of them appear to be) we can convert them to UltraRes IRs ourselves.

I believe that OH is also planning to update some of those 48k mono .wav files that are less than 100ms to ones that are 100ms or longer, but I'm not sure about that.
And eventually OH will also make any UltraRes capable IRs of theirs available in UltraRes .syx format so we won't have to convert them ourselves.

So if you already own any of the Owhnhammer cab packs, the only advantages of buying the new Fractal OH UltraRes master pack are either because you're just too antsy to wait for OH to update their stuff or because you want the remaining OH cabs that you haven't bought from OH yet.

If I'm missing something I hope someone will clue me in.
But that's the way I understand it at the present time.

At any rate, the price is about the same if you were to buy all the cabs directly from OH or from Fractal.

The advantage of buying from OH is that you also will have access to the Axe Gen 1 files and the Nebula plugin files and all the .wav files with all the other sampling rates, etc., that you might want to use in your DAW.
My understanding is that if you buy these cabs from Fractal that you only get .syx and the new .ir format files.
No?

So, besides being in a hurry I don't see any advantage to buying these cabs from from Fractal.
Or, what am I missing?

Did you just completely miss my point???

I have no complaints about anything related to this update. Read that again: I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

That doesn't change the fact that I've now seen, numerous times, people get treated like shit simply because they take issue with something Fractal has done on the business front.

Also, note that my initial post was not even "Hey guys, let's be more respectful of people that have complaints." My post was actually aimed at those people and just saying, "Note this. Move on. There's no point in airing that here." I'm sorry, there just isn't.

I realize now that you're sticking up for the downtrodden because you seek justice in the world. Apologies for not complaining about your non-complaint complaining. I'm gonna go complain to my wife now, theres got to be something she's done wrong around here. :miserable:

I realize now that you're sticking up for the downtrodden because you seek justice in the world. Apologies for not complaining about your non-complaint complaining. I'm gonna go complain to my wife now, theres got to be something she's done wrong around here. :miserable:

Thank you for proving my point.

Can we just all note at this point that this forum is not a safe place for people to state any complaints they have about anything Fractal related and all move on?

I think in this case the complaints were unrealistic. Unrealistic complaints usually draw a lot of attention.

You can spend $100 for the packaged UR libraries now or you can spend a measly $20 for a tool that will allow you to convert the files manually. From what I understand OH is going to release the .wav files needed to do so, free of charge!

Any complaints about that is totally unreasonable and is subject to flames and flogging.

Back
Top Bottom