Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.04.1 Released

last time i switch ON my AXE II 10 days ago with fw 16.02 . and today switch Back ON and WWOOWW is that the same AXE ?!!!
Now i love my AXE More :encouragement:

How much should old presets change with this glorious new firmware? I updated just last week from 13 .07 to 16.02 and was stunned by the improvement. However, when I updated to the recent firmware, I noticed that the high gain presets lost that "in your face" factor. Therefore, I changed back to 16.02. I know that it is something I am doing wrong and I plan on enrolling in the online "courses." Any ideas? The reverb that I heard with the new firmware sounded fantastic. Thank you for your kind attention.

How much should old presets change with this glorious new firmware? Thank you for your kind attention.

I don't gig any more, so I've been keeping up on the new firmware releases almost immediately ....

I didn't notice any changes at all to the Amp modeling from 16.02 to 16.04.1 ....

I'm not sure there were any substantial changes outside of the new reverbs. I think I read somewhere that Cliff said we're mainly seeing bug swatting.

How much should old presets change with this glorious new firmware? I updated just last week from 13 .07 to 16.02 and was stunned by the improvement. However, when I updated to the recent firmware, I noticed that the high gain presets lost that "in your face" factor. Therefore, I changed back to 16.02. I know that it is something I am doing wrong and I plan on enrolling in the online "courses." Any ideas? The reverb that I heard with the new firmware sounded fantastic. Thank you for your kind attention.

I updated from 15.x to 16.02 (and then 16.04.1 since then) and there were great improvements in tone. But i did need to re-tweak the higher gain amps to my liking. You should try it again and just adjust your gain and tone settings to your liking, the tones are greatly improved since 13.07.

There were no changes to the amp modeling from 16.02 to 16.04. Our perception of sound changes constantly depending upon a variety of factors.

Thanks for the advice! I have no idea what I did wrong the first time but things sure are sweet now! This is like receiving a brand new amplifier that is better than the amp you initially thought was the best in the world and could not be improved! Thank you kind sir for the wonderful holiday gift!

A recording exemple with a good dark reverb should be appreciated.
Till now I have not heard this type of reverb in axe-fx demo.

I like long dark reverb and when there's warm and cold factors in the tail.
When reverb begin warm and finish cold, it's good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom