Axe-FX II Clip - Fender Twin; Trainwreck; Soldano; VHT

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
I won't belabor this much - another round of different sorts of tones to check out.

I go for a more raw, unprocessed type of tone. Here's a few short - different - types of tones to check out.

The tones are based on the Twin, Trainwreck, Soldano and VHT. I'm trying to highlight the 'room' parameter in these and offer up some not so typical 'Peterson' type of tones... or at least as different as one guy, with the same guitar and basically just changing up the amp/cab on the fly.

See the comments for what's what and what to listen to/for.

The dynamic response is really enjoyable to play with.

FLAC version for download (16 bit): http://www.mediafire.com/?edbs46ix19au10h

Last edited:
Check out how the single note and double stop stuff holds up in level. That's with NO compression, no boost, no nothing. Just an amp/cab with some reverb (and some slight delay in there on the Twin/Trainwreck) and just playing straight across.

The dynamics and touch responsiveness are crazy.

Mmmm, that VHT, nice ... Sounds a lot different than the current one.

Killer tones, Scott. If this is a "raw" sound, I can only imagine how it would sound with full production (and my personal not-so-secret sauce Waves SSL plugins).

It sounds quacky when you strum the strings probably due to the reverb room, it's better after 1.05. The twin sounds really twin.

Ahh man, that Twin is awesome, the room effect on there is just awesome. I always had a hard time getting tones to sit back in a mix, I think that this will be a key tool in doing just that!

Wrecker and VHT sound amazing also, thanks for sharing. If you get time any chance of a clip showing off the new Wah modelling?

Cheers

Spence

Hmm... I missed any details about this (other then on the product page where it says it's been 'updated'). I'll have to go dig back through some prior threads.

Axe II models the non-linearities of the Fasel Inductor. How much difference will that make? We'll see. Hopefully a beta tester will make a comparison clip.

D

Back
Top Bottom