Axe fx II Button unresponsive/now freezing?

Hey guys, so I got my II towards the end of October. I had it for about a week before I realized the right navigation button would randomly not respond. I sent it back and the tech said he had the front panel replaced. It seemed to be running with no issues until last night, when I noticed that the button would start skipping clicks again. I was toggling through preset banks to test it and now it randomly freezes up and I have to restart it. It continues to repeat this and always gets caught up on patch 113 or 133. At one point in testing it, I had to restart it 3 times for it to start responding again. I am being gentle with it, so I don't understand why this is happening.

Tried a full reset as they suggested with no luck. Hoping they will get back to me on Monday. Has anyone had to send their unit in twice? I don't know if they would be willing to just send me a replacement at this point.

Hey guys, so I got my II towards the end of October. I had it for about a week before I realized the right navigation button would randomly not respond. I sent it back and the tech said he had the front panel replaced. It seemed to be running with no issues until last night, when I noticed that the button would start skipping clicks again. I was toggling through preset banks to test it and now it randomly freezes up and I have to restart it. It continues to repeat this and always gets caught up on patch 113 or 133. At one point in testing it, I had to restart it 3 times for it to start responding again. I am being gentle with it, so I don't understand why this is happening.

Yes my Axe is freezing on some presets too. I am wondering if it's a firmware issue as it hasn't happened before. I turn the unit off and start again and most of the time I can get to the preset I'm after.

Last edited:
I had this happen to me yesterday while scrolling through the presets with the wheel. No response to any front panel switches. First time I've seen it. Power cycle, and it started behaving again.

So I got my replacement unit today and it continues to freeze on the same preset. So is this just a little bug that a few people are encountering, or is my luck of getting problematic units really that bad?

So I got my replacement unit today and it continues to freeze on the same preset. So is this just a little bug that a few people are encountering, or is my luck of getting problematic units really that bad?

Is that a factory preset or did you edit/replace the presets referred to in your original post? Have you tried reloading the factory preset or copying the suspect preset(s) to a new location to see if it happens there too (don't try this if you're not comfortable and wait for support).

I haven't jumped into reseting anything yet, because Fractal sent me a new unit, or so I hope. The fact that it did that on both units is what is making me worried.

I had this problem also after 12.02 at 2 different presets ,seemed to be allways the same ones or one either side . This weekend I reset , installed clean system file , re installed 12.02, and the presets after a couple days it had no issues, then 12.03 b , so far hasn't done it since , also the presets sound better after the reinstall ,and reset!

Axefx 2 freezing

Which firmware are you on?

I'm on firmware 12. Sorry for not replying a while ago. I didn't realise there was a question regarding my post. It's happening quite a bit now. Only noticed it since I've had firmware 12 though. I think Cliff has answered the problem because it seems to be on the same preset. I hope there's only one it's doing it on, will check!!

Back
Top Bottom