Axe-FX II: Brown Sugar

Gamedojo

Power User
Had to learn this for the band, so figured I'd dial in a patch tonight to help practice. how fun! Great way to learn the songs!

Axe doing somes Rolling Stones

Also, wanted to mention, my method is to dial in these patches quickly and instinctively and get them where I'm happy fast. I'm very aware of lots of details in the sound I'm missing.
I plan to circle back on all my patches and tweak the more I know and learn. thats why all my patches have a 1.0 in them. Its a version number, so anyone can know which version they might have once I start editing.

PATCH DOWNLOAD

Love your patches and that you're posting up sound samples, patches, and IRs on your site. Looking forward to what else is coming down the pike.

Love your patches and that you're posting up sound samples, patches, and IRs on your site. Looking forward to what else is coming down the pike.

Thanks!

Yeah, i'm going to have some serious fun with this thing. As you can probably tell, my patches are going to be ALL over the place. I'm not going to stick to my comfort zones, I want to see what this box can do. Whats tough is, its like I just opened the door to Willy Wonka's factory and I have TOO much to experience. Do I try an 80s metal sound like MOtley crew? Or How about some Journey or Toto? Johnny Cash country could be cool... or how about some funk. Then theres grunge, or possibly metallica. The list is endless...

Tyler, when you start taking requests, I'd love to have an Axe patch that matches your cranked HiWatt sound (that you made the youtube video of). Even after youtube gets done with it, it sounds great!

Tyler, when you start taking requests, I'd love to have an Axe patch that matches your cranked HiWatt sound (that you made the youtube video of). Even after youtube gets done with it, it sounds great!

If there's one regret, is that I had to sell that Hiwatt halfstack to afford the AXE FX. Whats funny, is the regret isn't necessarily that I don't own it anymore, but that I can't make IRs of the killer Fane speakers!

I'll see what I can do. Hiwatt tones are on my list of future patches.

GRRRRRREEEAT... Try a Brown Sugar - ZZ Top thang tooooo.. Enjoying your playing Tyler :)

LOTS of room ambience in that recording... if theres one thing I think the axe can't quite do is really great authentic reverb like that. I experimented a bit and couldn't even get close. Maybe I'm missing something.

Start with the dry tone. You may get some help from all the smart ones here :D

Try with a really short delay.....

Back
Top Bottom