Axe-Fx II - Bridge of Sighs Patch+Sample

Zomgasm

Axe-Fx II - Bridge of Sighs Patch+Sample *Updated*

*Updated Version 2*

I love the tone in the Bridge of Sighs so I tried to knock a patch out close to it, I think it could be a little brighter but its pretty close, I'll probably update it tomorrow when I have more ass hours.

Let me know what you think

Attachments

• Zom of Sighs.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Zom of Sighs New.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Nicely done! I've been trying to get the Univibe right on that, and you've brought me closer. Wish I had II to try in out on. :(

A couple of suggestions:
  1. It could use a bit more dirt.
  2. Try setting the modulation speed to cycle every quarter note.

A good start, to get closer - get thicker without 'verb. His thickness & depth is w/out it....replace it by trying other modulation fx's, I did.

I dont even dial in reverb much anymore.

I had never heard this song before... so I went to Youtube and looked it up... Your track sounds much more "cleaner" and with way more reverb that the original track... the "reverb like" sound on the original sounds like it's the sound of wind with an X-files flute style melody. as has been said you track needs more grit and definitely need more univibe effect... keep up the good work!

Yep yep, I just whipped it together last night, I will definitely clean up the tone today when I get off work and see what I can come up with to make it sparkle ;)

I know the tone sounds a little "dull" that I made. I want to make it much richer and jump out at you like the original, I'm heading in the right direction atleast and hopefully I can nail it and re-upload a more refined version tonight! That was just 20-30 minutes of playing around before I had to hit the sack haha.

Cheers guys, thanks for the feedback! I'd love to hear more Axe II patches people have made!

I didn't know Opeth did a cover of Bridge of Sighs. For tasty vintage goodness and a really lush guitar tone, check out Robin Trower's original.

I started screwing around with the Trower version.... Although, I thought the Opeth version was a damn cool.

I might have a bit of ear fatigue but, I started getting pretty damn close with a Euro Blue and 1960A G12M with a R121 condenser mic. I'll have to listen to it tomorrow. I can never get the effects right.

-Nate

Last edited:
Just updated the patch and uploaded it and another sound clip. cleaned it up and added some drive, pick your poison ;)

I see comments about gain, and notice you are using a Deluxe Verb model.
It might be relevant to note that Robin Trower used a pair of Marshall JMP
100 watt heads for the original recording. Thus his massive wall of
Univibe-washed sound. Might be fun to try your patch with a couple
Plexi Treble models (or a Treble and a Normal) in parallel to cop Robin's vibe.

Just updated the patch and uploaded it and another sound clip. cleaned it up and added some drive, pick your poison ;)
You're getting closer. As P2theM said, try a little less reverb, and more depth on the 'vibe/phaser. That will get you closer still.

Whenever BOS comes up, I recommend trying the 'Machine Gun' Patch (not sure if it's on the II). Sounds in the ballpark

The Opeth cover isn't bad but it's not epic like the original. The Opeth vocals are pretty much lacking any soul - Jimmy Dewar's vocals on the original are brilliant.

The Opeth cover isn't bad but it's not epic like the original. The Opeth vocals are pretty much lacking any soul - Jimmy Dewar's vocals on the original are brilliant.

THIS! I don't think that's a good cover to attempt, as the original is so definitive.
Sort of like trying to cover Hendrix. You'll always come up 2nd best.

Whenever BOS comes up, I recommend trying the 'Machine Gun' Patch (not sure if it's on the II). Sounds in the ballpark
Thanks for the tip. It's really not too far off. Speed up the 'vibe, increase the depth, and it's not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom