Axe-Fx II and Reaper?

thinknolimitz

Inspired
I use reaper on Win 7/10. I always record when found good sound from axe-fx. I use usb from axe-fx to reaper. My speaker is yamaha hs50m.

However, I hear (or feel) that the record sound when playback from reaper - axe-fx - speaker is not as good as direct playing (guitar - axe-fx - speaker). I'm not really good to explain, but I think in my case a bit muddy, lost treble / higher freq.

Is this normal or I did something wrong? Please advise.

I have a very good experience with AXE and Reaper. Reaper records great and takes the best out of the AXE. Do you have any sound processing on the tracks or on the master?

I have a very good experience with AXE and Reaper. Reaper records great and takes the best out of the AXE. Do you have any sound processing on the tracks or on the master?

Thanks don_joe. I am not sure I understand correctly (sorry for my lack of knowledge), just use default reaper. Could you share some info and setting on the reaper to work with axe-fx. When recording I use IN1+IN2 on reaper track.

Did you select the right driver? It should be above the inputs. Fractal driver is correct (I don't know the exact name right away). There are probably a few ASIO drivers in selection.

Last edited:
...I hear (or feel) that the record sound when playback from reaper - axe-fx - speaker is not as good as direct playing (guitar - axe-fx - speaker). I'm not really good to explain, but I think in my case a bit muddy, lost treble / higher freq.
This is normal. When you're playing direct, you hear the acoustic, unplugged sound of your guitar going directly from the guitar to your ears.

Unplug your guitar and listen while you play. The sound is thin and trebly. When you're playing direct, you hear that sound on top of the sound coming from your rig. It makes your guitar sound brighter. When you play back a recording, that thin, trebly part of the sound isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom