Axe-FX II 4.01 fo Teh Pwn & Home Depot PHAIL!

GuitarDojo

HOME DEPOT! YOU HAVE PHAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!
vader.jpg

Story
I played out for the first time with 4.01 last Sunday. We had been off for over 2 weeks. My tones were amazing and my lack of warmup kept me from overplaying (I was careful) but came up with cool little leads and then tore it up and made the kids smile at the end. I was stoked. Thinking and talking to my wife about the amazing tones...she happily gives the nod to go ahead and play my brains out for the rest of the weekend. Super stoked.....I have permission to ignore the family and just play for ME.(RARE .....very freakin rare!)

Came home......main water pipe to the house busted!!!!

I call a buddy of mine who is a plumber and I start digging!!! It sucks I know but I was still high from my tones earlier that day.
3 hours of digging and trenching my buddy shows up and we send the wives out on a Home Depot run with a list of supplies. Waiting........Waiting.....
While they are out we swap Home Depot Phail stories and I am laughing, thinking they surely cant mess this up ....its too simple.
Sure enough they dont know have what we need and we bandaid it over night cuz 3 feet of wet and mud in the cold dark sucks @55!!!!
My weekend is over and there is a big black deep hole in my yard! Came back yesterday with the right parts and fixed it right in 45 minutes.
Thinking...well I could take the rest of the day off and play my Guitfiddle......NOPE! My body aches so bad I can hardly move. MY HANDS can barely close.........
I know, I know , It happens.
I could blame the bush roots that broke the line or take it out on Home Depot for making a long day LONGER!!!!! I choose HOME DEPOT PHAIL! so there.....

P.S
**Hoping wife reads this and gives me another pass*** :cry

Brings back happy memories of many a wasted afternoon at Home Depot when I lived in Florida! Good luck with the attempt at another pass!

It could have been worse, just be happy it wasn't a sewer line :lol .

Speaking of........... My friend (who is a plumber by day) has these 3 simple rules for the noobs who just getting started at their employer.

1. Everything goes DOWNHILL
2. Payday is Friday
3. & Dont bite your finger nails!!

Somehow she just knew that pipe was going to burst and gave you the OK to play. They KNOW these things and use them for placeholders for their giveaways. My GF has it down to a science. :)

Being a small hvac and electrical contractor I deal with similar things most every day. I don't think there are many pro guitarist' in this field as most of the time my hands are so stiff its hard to play . but I still do :) and far as plumbers I had a friend that could eat a sandwich with one hand use a sewer snake with the other.... at the same time ! LOL!!!!

Being a small hvac and electrical contractor I deal with similar things most every day. I don't think there are many pro guitarist' in this field as most of the time my hands are so stiff its hard to play . but I still do :) and far as plumbers I had a friend that could eat a sandwich with one hand use a sewer snake with the other.... at the same time ! LOL!!!!
You guys dont eat lunch together do you? :razz

I'm sorry to hear that. One day I walked my dog it started raining.. ehm. I've never had anything like that.

When I was a teenager, I worked as a roofer for a summer. Needless to say, that was one of the most BRUTAL jobs I've ever done... the type of work that is worth $40 an hour but paid about $7. We didn't even have an air nailer. Nope... swinging a hammer 12 hours a day. My hand would just turn into this claw that would literally SNAP SHUT the moment I tried to open it.

My dad's been driving trucks for 40 years. He's been holding so much on the steeringwheel that he can't open his hands all the way.

but I still do :) and far as plumbers I had a friend that could eat a sandwich with one hand use a sewer snake with the other.... at the same time ! LOL!!!!

I guess that would make for a very quick digestion cycle or at least running from one head to the next.

Back
Top Bottom