Axe FX II 17 digital clipping with preamp high and reverb high quality [NOT A BUG]

finny47

Preset USA Lead #13.
Only Amp, cab, and reverb active. I set preamp to high quality and when reverb is set to high quality at 96% CPU, there is clipping. My input from guitar is only hitting the yellow lights, not red or any indication of clipping.
Set reverb back to normal and no issues.

Premap can be any model and drive saturation any setting

Last edited by a moderator:
Axe FX II 17.00 digital clipping with preamp high and reverb high quality

Any given block will use the same amount of CPU whether active or inactive.

Yeah, if the cpu use is too high and you use the preamp sims that is exactly what happens. you need to reduce your cpu load. that is why there are different qualities for the reverb and preamp. they use a lot of CPU at there highest qualities.

Any given block will use the same amount of CPU whether active or inactive.

Good to know. This happened to me while creating a larger ambient patch. I hit the ceiling when trying to have a SUPER VERB and MR Z 38 amp block parallel in the mix along with all of the reverbs in line. Appreciate the knowledge, thanks sprint.

More and more I am running up against the CPU% brick wall. I simple don't use high quality reverb for live tones, and haven't even started messing with the pre-amps yet. To me that is gong to be more of a recording thing, where I can punch in and use different presets and want the highest quality tone. For live, I want more functionality, so I sacrifice some sound resolution.

Sometimes I have to ditch the UR cabs, and run a single normal res cab. Really, that only happens on crazy patches where I'm trying to do something special like switch between a lead guitar and an acoustic simulation on one preset with scenes, or some other crazy nonsense (like my latest mashup... where I took an old Rebel Yell recipe with main guitar, solo, and a Ray gun in 3 presets from Chef and smashed it all into one preset using scenes. It works great, but it took some finagling!

You need to get good at CPU economy to get the most from this black box. One day, a model will come out with a third CPU and a wider (longer) grid, and lift away some of creative the barriers that are starting to show up. It'll cost $3,200 (made that up:mrgreen) and be worth every cent.

Back
Top Bottom