Axe-FX frying PC monitors??

I shorted out my neighbor's pacemaker playing a GWAR tune. No one knew she was dead for a week until the dog walked up to the guy across the street with a hand in his mouth.

That proves it - Trev is a terrorist plant, killing old ladies of the western civilization (feeding their corpses to dogs- the bastard) and wanting to melt life as we know it with "hot molten magma"
Flagging this to NSA

The National Canine League activists just stepped up a level aided by FAS maybe?

God knows what FAS have equipped the Cat people with ...... beware ..... be nice to your pets!

For a monitor, that is really old. Might even have tubes in her chassis. Unless she got her tubes "tied off", in which case would make her an 80's Solid state monochrome monitor, maybe only 14" on the diag but still. like 26" deep. Sometime they just need to be recycled for a nice trim HD super model with no excess frame work.

Would suggest looking for other common denominators (Power source, Surge Protection, Graphics Card (which you already mentioned you think is ok)).
Thanks for the serious reply! Yeah, I eliminated each possibility after the first, which was already running on regulated AC (and here in metro Aus we've very reliable AC power, no surges or brownouts or wavers), nothing dodgy, cables kept tidy. The latter monitor fried in exactly the same way, after having the Axe-FX on and in front of it for about the same amount of time.

No matter, I'll kept my 3rd monitor well away and move on :)

This board is fun as hell until it's YOU that asks the question :?

friends.gif

That proves it - Trev is a terrorist plant, killing old ladies of the western civilization (feeding their corpses to dogs- the bastard) and wanting to melt life as we know it with "hot molten magma"
Flagging this to NSA

Go right ahead. I work for The Man. They know who I am.

I actually own a PC monitor company under an assumed name. Built into each Axe-Fx is a small transmitter that sends out a carefully chosen signal that causes computer monitors to self-destruct. Only the monitors we manufacture are immune.

I also have plans for world domination which you will soon learn about, bwahahaha.

To Heck with FW14, I want that upgrade to world domination that Cliff is planning!!!:excitement:

The night is dark and full of terrors.
See there you go again "Terrors"-ists" <--- Almost admitted it - So it's the night time when you do your dirty work ehh?
:?...;)
Seriously through Trev - Thank you for your service my friend!!! Anaheim here neighbor

See there you go again "Terrors"-ists" <--- Almost admitted it - So it's the night time when you do your dirty work ehh?
:?...;)
Seriously through Trev - Thank you for your service my friend!!! Anaheim here neighbor

I had to laugh though. Getting called terrorist on this site after the last 12 and a half years working the GWOT.

Thanks for the serious reply! Yeah, I eliminated each possibility after the first, which was already running on regulated AC (and here in metro Aus we've very reliable AC power, no surges or brownouts or wavers), nothing dodgy, cables kept tidy. The latter monitor fried in exactly the same way, after having the Axe-FX on and in front of it for about the same amount of time.

No matter, I'll kept my 3rd monitor well away and move on :)

Any speakers on your desk with big magnets?
Not sure what kind of monitor you're using, but I remember CRT monitors acting flakey if they were around large magnets.

Just more speculation.....as it would suck to fry a 3rd monitor, I would be trying to eliminate any variables you can.

Funny you should mention this, the 24" monitor I was using with my Mac Mini also died shortly after I put my Axe on the desk next to it....

Never suspected it was the Axe! Cliff, you evil bugger! :)

I actually own a PC monitor company under an assumed name. Built into each Axe-Fx is a small transmitter that sends out a carefully chosen signal that causes computer monitors to self-destruct. Only the monitors we manufacture are immune.

I also have plans for world domination which you will soon learn about, bwahahaha.
Hey Brain, What are we going to do today?????

Back
Top Bottom