Axe FX freezes after updating firmware

Well I'm off to Croatia for several days so I'll have to sort it out when I get back.

In the meantime, if anyone could post a link to the old driver that would be a great help.

As for posting info about when how where etc I think I've been pretty clear in that regard, but it does appear to be a 'relatively' common issue judging by the numbers that have experienced these freezes.

It's the new USB driver. I was having the same issue. PC/WIN7 64bit. Installed the new USB driver, then installed the new 10.09 Firmware. Axe was freezing on all types of presets, custom, downloaded etc. Unplugged my USB and everything cleared up. Uninstalled the new USB driver, reinstalled the old driver (1.50) and all is right with the world again. BTW, my Acid Pro DAW software couldn't see the new Axe USB driver, after uninstall and reinstall of the old driver, it was back. It's the driver... :)

I have the same problem

I've had this issue too. Win 7, new driver, updated with fractal bot.
Works fine when I go back to 10.06.

Result = no trip-tik :'(

Had enough of this, had an hour spare last night to play guitar and had constant freezes, one time the Axe even treated me to a crazy light show but I wasn't in the mood to enjoy it. I re-installed the original driver and went to bed. Just hope this has cured the problem.

I updated the firmware to 10.09 using Fractal Bot. Everything went as it should, but now my AFX freezes randomly (about 5 times in 20 minutes). Screen locks up, no audio and none of the controls work. One time the screen went completely blank. Switch it off and on again and it seems to work ok for a while. Not using Axe edit.

Anybody else experience this?

I'll try reloading fw again to see if that helps.

No firmware update brand new unit 1 month old hardly used mine just started freezing up
i hope its a firmware issue

Also have this problem. The difference for me is: I ALWAYS had this problem with usb regardless of FW and drivers.

Had enough of this, had an hour spare last night to play guitar and had constant freezes, one time the Axe even treated me to a crazy light show but I wasn't in the mood to enjoy it. I re-installed the original driver and went to bed. Just hope this has cured the problem.

Crazy lightshow? Recently my axe stopped working (freeze) and suddenly the lights went on in a controlled cycling manner... Similar to boot phase but different for sure. That was with FW 10.06. After that day everything worked fine since this week (now with 10.09) the axe stopped working again (freeze). Now the axe stops booting (nearly) every time... Nothing is connected, neither mfc, usb or whatsoever. I contacted g66 and will see how it will work out. Anyway... the axe is the best musical gear I spent money on, all will be good I'm sure.

Crazy lightshow? Recently my axe stopped working (freeze) and suddenly the lights went on in a controlled cycling manner... Similar to boot phase but different for sure. That was with FW 10.06. After that day everything worked fine since this week (now with 10.09) the axe stopped working again (freeze). Now the axe stops booting (nearly) every time... Nothing is connected, neither mfc, usb or whatsoever. I contacted g66 and will see how it will work out. Anyway... the axe is the best musical gear I spent money on, all will be good I'm sure.

Well it wasn't that crazy tbh, just cycling through all the leds. I rolled back the driver but still had the problem. This evening I rolled back the FW to 10.06 and it seems to be working fine again (half an hour with no freezing) but I'll do a longer test tomorrow.

With so many people having their freezing problem remedied by reverting back to 10.06 (yes, I know there are some exceptions), there has to be some credibility given to the claim that 10.09 has somehow introduced this freezing problem. I'm surprised there hasn't been any sort of response or acknowledgement from FAS. Perhaps it will take someone having the freezing problem to send in their unit to FAS and let them look at it before it gets resolved. I personally am not having any issues at all with either of my units after upgrading to 10.09 (although I've hardly used my backup unit since upgrading, I have used my primary unit extensively) . . .

I just had my Axe FX II not boot properly upon power up for the first time. I turned it on and all the lights stayed on and the screen appeared blank but I think there was pixel noise on the screen. I can't exactly remember because I panicked and quickly shut it off. Upon the next power up, everything is fine.

The Axe does not freeze while I'm playing it. Yet.

Using Windows 7 here and 10.09.

I just had my Axe FX II not boot properly upon power up for the first time. I turned it on and all the lights stayed on and the screen appeared blank but I think there was pixel noise on the screen.

That happens from time to time with mine since day one. A reboot always fixes it - once it took 2 reboots.

Mine has started freezing immediately after updating to 10.09 too. I had compatibility issues with the new driver so I needed to use the old version with 10.6.8. I just reinstalled 10.06. I'm going to see if I can purchase a copy of Lion 10.07 from Apple since my studio's computer is too old to update to Mountain Lion, but until then, I think I'd rather play it safe. Regardless of how or why this is happening, my guess is that FAS will work it out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom