Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was considering making a "Slow Gear" type based on that.
That would be a very helpful/useful type to have. In fact, I currently have four songs in our set that I could use a "slow gear" type of block on.

Also, and I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, is there any chance you'll ever model the Mesa Mark V 90 watt head? There's so many great tones I get out of them, especially the various modes and settings in channel 1.

That would be a very helpful/useful type to have. In fact, I currently have four songs in our set that I could use a "slow gear" type of block on.

Also, and I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, is there any chance you'll ever model the Mesa Mark V 90 watt head? There's so many great tones I get out of them, especially the various modes and settings in channel 1.
Mark V is the same thing as a Mark IV w/ a few extra features. They sound virtually identical.

"Various other fixes and improvements." to this point, I'm going to say I've noticed giving my ears over a few days, that this mention could be why my goto preset with a Two Rock is noticeably sweeter sounding.

Small thing, with a workaround, but AxeEdit's Check For Updates command doesn't see this update, and didn't see the last one either.

Is it supposed to, or is that functionally no longer supported, we should just download from the forum (which I did)?

Everytime I heard a comparaison between mark 4 and 5 , the 4 sounded more raw, and the 5 more polished/compressed?/more mids?
Yeah the 4 sounded “roots” everytime, more old school

Reactions: J.C
Not sure if this is related to the gap noticed by others when switching scenes/channels that Cliff said would be updated in the next release but wondering if someone could maybe check this for me to see if it's just something on my side. If I'm playing on scene 1 with no changes at all, there will be an intermittent gap. Have checked multiple guitars, multiple cables and it keeps doing it. CPU % is not even close to maxing out as well.

Not just related to scene 1 either, does it on all of them but I can't really nail down why.

Attachments

• BC-VH Modified.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Not sure if this is related to the gap noticed by others when switching scenes/channels that Cliff said would be updated in the next release but wondering if someone could maybe check this for me to see if it's just something on my side. If I'm playing on scene 1 with no changes at all, there will be an intermittent gap. Have checked multiple guitars, multiple cables and it keeps doing it. CPU % is not even close to maxing out as well.

Not just related to scene 1 either, does it on all of them but I can't really nail down why.

Gap when doing what?

Just loaded the new FW and played with the compressors a bit. I seem to be getting that steel guitar squash I was having trouble getting before. Very nice.

One comment. It might be nice to have a gain limit setting on the sustainers.

Mine as well, and it's allowed me to get the closest yet to the kind of SRV tone I've been seeking for some time.
Yes the cool thing with this one is that he magnified the clean tone without “compress” it too much, it’s like a .. hm don’t know how to explain that.. bbe maximizer? Hmm . Well it’s great 😀

Maybe the new fade will offer a better solution but in the meantime have you tried CCs settings
He talks about how to avoid the bump in this vid and details the settings

I really need to watch those vids more often, as a Whammy addict that is absolutely killer. I’m going to have to overwrite my existing Whammy blocks for these. Now the only thing I’d like to see happen with the Whammy is a Warble knob so you can dial in the amount of warble to your preferred amount. There’s probably a way to mimic it using a trem with some LFO/envelope tweaking but I’m quite naive in regards to dialing those in. This might be a good avenue for me to learn it.

Thanks for posting that, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom