Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02 Public Beta (Beta 2)

Can this sound be made?

Your question isn't asked well.

Besides being in a thread discussing a specific topic, a recent public Beta which should be focused on bugs or at least problems encountered, you should tell us what YOU tried to achieve a particular sound, and tell us why it didn't work.

I'd recommend starting a new thread, for whichever model you use, and tell us the steps you took, what models you tried, etc.

We love helping, but we also try to keep some subjects on topic. Thanks for understanding.

Besides being in a thread discussing a specific topic, a recent public Beta which should be focused on bugs or at least problems encountered, you should tell us what YOU tried to achieve a particular sound, and tell us why it didn't work.

I'd recommend starting a new thread, for whichever model you use, and tell us the steps you took, what models you tried, etc.

We love helping, but we also try to keep some subjects on topic. Thanks for understanding.
Excellent bedside manners ;)

“We also try to keep some subjects on topic” Have you actually read through a beta thread before??? You can have pages and pages of “how was your Friday without an update?” discussions followed by a half dozen fart jokes! Getting back to the actual topic, the compressors are fantastic. Thanks Cliff.

Does anybody else get hiss and a ticking sound when using any of the 5 Sustainer comp types with the Bassguy 59 RI Jumped? I don't even have my guitar plugged in, and it's there. Add the new Input Boost and it's pretty loud.

Does anybody else get hiss and a ticking sound when using any of the 5 Sustainer comp types with the Bassguy 59 RI Jumped? I don't even have my guitar plugged in, and it's there. Add the new Input Boost and it's pretty loud.
I actually played with the new Bassguy for quite awhile but not with the sustainer comps. Headed out but will check it later.

maynard james keenan dance GIF by hoppip

A sustainer is an upwards compressor. It increases gain when the signal is below the threshold. Therefore it will increase noise. You may want to use a gate to kill the noise.

I had to try. First I wanted to wait axe edit too but this is too much important to me to not try it 😅. And it’s always fun to feel like an ass when you use the front panel 🤣
Yeah, this. I'd been putting off learning to navigate the front panel but this beta had too many goodies to wait. Once I started in on the fiddly front panel bits, it didn't take long to get the gist of it. Still prefer Axe Edit but I'm more comfy using the front panel now.

Yeah, this. I'd been putting off learning to navigate the front panel but this beta had too many goodies to wait. Once I started in on the fiddly front panel bits, it didn't take long to get the gist of it. Still prefer Axe Edit but I'm more comfy using the front panel now.
Yeah it is not so complicated once you understand how it work. The error I do everytime for example is when I want to edit a block, I press the “enter” knob and not “edit”. I think I make this mistake everytime I tweak with the front panel 🤣. I forget that …

I got into the front panel because using the knobs is so much more intuitive to me than using my PC. From there I decided to force myself to navigate and do as much as I could without the PC, and quickly I was very comfortable and fast with it. Now I use the front panel for just about everything, except naming presets, selecting speaker impedance curves (because they are in no order I can make out in the front panel) and performing actions that can only be done with Axe-Edit, like libraries. I like to know I can get around with just the Axe-FX III if I need to.

It's so great that we have both options.

I got into the front panel because using the knobs is so much more intuitive to me than using my PC. From there I decided to force myself to navigate and do as much as I could without the PC, and quickly I was very comfortable and fast with it. Now I use the front panel for just about everything, except naming presets, selecting speaker impedance curves (because they are in no order I can make out in the front panel) and performing actions that can only be done with Axe-Edit, like libraries. I like to know I can get around with just the Axe-FX III if I need to.

It's so great that we have both options.
I didn't use AxeEdit at all for a fair while at first, because I didn't want to feel helpless without having a computer handy.
I don't find it unintuitive at all, but there definitely are some things that are much easier in AxeEdit, and some that flat out require it.
But the idea that the front panel is awful just isn't my experience at all.

Back
Top Bottom