Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02 Public Beta (Beta 2)

I believe I've run into two bugs, presumably with Axe Edit compatibility with the new firmware:
1) I've been unable to switch the Input Boost ON via Axe Edit.
Make sure there's not a modifier assigned to the Boost in your preset.

If there is, you can't change it manually.

Since this update has a lot to do with the compressor block, I figured I’d ask my question here. If I’m in the wrong thread just let me know and I’ll delete/move this to another one.

Im wondering what a good substitute in the compressor block would be for an OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier) compressor that uses the CA3080 chip or circuit design, aka Ross, Dynacomp, Keeley, Wampler.

Maybe this is what the Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 settings are based on? Or possibly the Analogue setting?

the input gate is way better than before !!

the easy mode work like an isp decimator : you set the threshold and you play !

buuut

the modern expander in the gate block is even less noisier , best of the 4 !

I have also tried the 2 shred we have now, as they sound completely different it's ok . (the previous shred is way more gainy)

well, can't wait to have an updated axe edit, cause i need to redo all my noise gate and all my comp block now :)

I've been boring with this gate, but I think that this improvment is a real game changer for every high gain player.
Yes, the Modern Gate is the best of the bunch but it uses more CPU and I didn't want to risk breaking anyone's presets that might be on the edge. That's why it's a separate type.

Since this update has a lot to do with the compressor block, I figured I’d ask my question here. If I’m in the wrong thread just let me know and I’ll delete/move this to another one.

Im wondering what a good substitute in the compressor block would be for an OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier) compressor that uses the CA3080 chip or circuit design, aka Ross, Dynacomp, Keeley, Wampler.

Maybe this is what the Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 settings are based on? Or possibly the Analogue setting?
The Dynamicomp type is based on a Dynacomp (shocker, right?).

Just finished playing for 6 hours straight, my fingers are killing me. The new Overdrive and the new compressors are amazing. I've always wanted to put a compressor before the Amp block, but there was always something I couldn't put my finger on that made me not use them. The new compressors solve this, I don't know what you did but they are absolutely amazing. Thanks so much.

Yeah he globally nailed it ! The easy mode adjust the ratio at the same time than the threshold in one knob. I’m impressed with the modern expander, now that is a next gen gate !
Well checking here - it does not adjust the ratio? Just the threshold, the ratio is left alone.

Holy cow, the updated compressors are beyond amazing, my jaw dropped to the floor when I first heard them.

Both infront of the amp and at the end of the chain the compressor works flawlessly now. It does wonders now for keeping those ear fatiguing frequencies in check. The auto-makeup gain is way better than before basically no adjustment needed aside from extreme settings.

Talking about extreme settings one of my new favorite distortions is the JFET compressor with the compression on 10, fastest attack and release. It basically becomes a distortion box as compressors should at those extreme settings.

Cliff man, you out did yourself.

Back
Top Bottom