Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02 Public Beta (Beta 2)

Last show for quite a while. Can't wait to see what a jump 16.4 to 21.02 will be.
Although 16X was already quite good, the latest versions from 20X onwards is really good. In terms of that you get good sounds, but also very good feel (!) without many tweaks.

I would suggest that you start from scratch. But you will love it (especially after your ears have adapted, as they are now 16X adepts hahaha)

I have some very, very complicated presets with all sorts of midi sample commands, so the idea of starting from scratch is pretty daunting.

I was going to change from using the Archon as my primary amp to a Mesa with a compressor in front of it (modeled after a Petrucci preset), so I'll start there and see what else needs some tweaking.

I have some very, very complicated presets with all sorts of midi sample commands, so the idea of starting from scratch is pretty daunting.

I was going to change from using the Archon as my primary amp to a Mesa with a compressor in front of it (modeled after a Petrucci preset), so I'll start there and see what else needs some tweaking.
Right, hahaha It all depends on the items you work with of course. The midi stuff can be the same of course.
What I ment with start from scratch is:

Set all blocks that have impact back to avoid that the tweaks you made are not needed anymore.
So you start from the correct baseline.

Right, hahaha It all depends on the items you work with of course. The midi stuff can be the same of course.
What I ment with start from scratch is:

Set all blocks that have impact back to avoid that the tweaks you made are not needed anymore.
So you start from the correct baseline.
Caffeine has kicked in...yes I see what you're saying

Last show for quite a while. Can't wait to see what a jump 16.4 to 21.02 will be.
As always, it would be great if you could re amp some isolated tracks from the same source to see how things change. I know in some cases the difference won't be for the better cause the changes mean you need to tweak the presets but I'm curious to see if we can hear anything in like for like presets.

As always, it would be great if you could re amp some isolated tracks from the same source to see how things change. I know in some cases the difference won't be for the better cause the changes mean you need to tweak the presets but I'm curious to see if we can hear anything in like for like presets.
I actually recorded direct guitar and reamped with 16.4 a couple of weeks ago into a Logic project, so in the coming weeks I will have direct AB for high gain, edge of breakup, and clean to compare.

Back
Top Bottom