Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

I must be missing something. Nothing in the feature set of improvements relate to my mention.
See the highlighted part below...
FM3 Firmware Version 6.01 beta 3 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/6p0/fm3_dsp_rel_6p01_beta_3.zip

FM3-Edit version 1.05.13 is required:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-13-to-support-fw-6-01-public-beta-3.190736/
You must perform a "Refresh After New Firmware" in FM3-Edit to sync with this firmware version.

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added 59 Bassguy RI Jumped Amp model.
  • Added “Paragon” type to the Wah block based on a Tycobrahe Parapedal.
  • Updated Compressor block so that times display actual value for the various pedal types.
  • Improved the speed of preset changes depending on the Global Spillover setting. The speed improvement will be highest when Global Spillover is set to “Off”.

FIXES​

• Fixed corrupt audio as a result of attaching a modifier to a Drive block parameter when the type is Klone Chiron.
  • Fixed tone generated from USA Rhythm 1 Amp type without input.
  • Fixed Delay block delay lines being cleared when Spillover is set to “All”.
  • Fixed pops when changing channels on a Drive block.

I mentioned that amp in the FM3 thread. Does anyone know how the RI bassman difffers from the ones already modelled? Seems like a small difference to me but I’m not up to speed on Fenders.

Not complaining, but we haven't received a firmware update in over 1.5 months. Should we at some point be expecting an AXE FX IV in the near future?

Why on Earth would the IV be coming out soon when the FM3, the FM9, and the Turbo are all relatively newer units?
The past generations have had a good 8 year run, plus the 3 was made with plenty of room for further updates.
As far as a new firmware update, that’s for Cliff and team on whatever they’re doing. We seem to have been spoiled anticipating updates every couple of weeks. Just enjoy your awesome tones and play guitar, and when the next release comes, then say thank you and go back to your tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom