Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

Finally, after our Christmas / New Year run of shows I finally installed 21.01 as we now have about 2 months off before the next gig. I bet New Years Eve had literally thousands of Fractal products playing live all over the world. What a great world we live in.

Happy New Year !

Probably a bug:
I just noticed that when I put the "DM-Two Delay" in one channel of a Delay block and switch to another channel of the same block (it has to contain a different Delay type) the output gets very loud for approx one second. Resetting the channel doesn't help.

Last edited:
Probably a bug:
I just noticed that when I put the "DM-Two Delay" in one channel of a Delay block and switch to another channel of the same block (it has to contain a different Delay type) the output gets very loud for approx one second. Resetting the channel doesn't help.

Yes! Same thing happening with my FM9.

I wonder what would happen if every single fractal owner played the same chord with the same preset at exactly the same time. I bet it would be a lawnmower man scenario.
Or maybe, if we all played the "brown tone" at the same time, imagine that scenario! Southpark imagined it and the results were not pleasant, and that was just local AFAIK!!

Probably a bug:

Like the Axe-Fx III (and the FM9 as reported by TubeStack) the FM3 (FW 6.00) does exactly the same with the DM-Two Delay

Last edited:
Probably a bug:
I cannot reproduce this.

I cannot reproduce this.
Here is a randomly created preset. Play your guitar and switch from Scene 1 to 2 or from Channel A to Channel B in the Delay block. If you don't play guitar you should at least hear one second of noise after the switch.
This happens on FM3 and FM9 with their latest firmwares too.

Attachments

• DM-Two Bug.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Here is a randomly created preset. Play your guitar and switch from Scene 1 to 2 or from Channel A to Channel B in the Delay block. If you don't play guitar you should at least hear one second of noise after the switch.
This happens on FM3 and FM9 with their latest firmwares too.
This isn't really a bug. The problem is that the DM-2 has a pre-emphasis/de-emphasis topology. The input is pre-emphasized by over 15 dB. The pre-emphasized data goes into the delay lines.

When you switch to a different type with no de-emphasis, which is most of the types, you are getting pre-emphasized echoes out which will sound louder and brighter for a brief moment.

The fix is to use two delay blocks and switch between them.

This isn't really a bug. The problem is that the DM-2 has a pre-emphasis/de-emphasis topology. The input is pre-emphasized by over 15 dB. The pre-emphasized data goes into the delay lines.

When you switch to a different type with no de-emphasis, which is most of the types, you are getting pre-emphasized echoes out which will sound louder and brighter for a brief moment.

The fix is to use two delay blocks and switch between them.

Thanks for checking this and for the info. 👍

Back
Top Bottom