Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me anyone, i did not installed any Beta....i was running version 19.4 i guess.
Should i refresh ? How is the refresh procedure please ?

THX

The following parameters are updated:
Preamp Bias
Transformer LF
Transformer HF
Transformer Drive
Low Cut Freq
Hi Cut Freq
Triode 1 Plate Freq
Triode 2 Plate Freq
Negative Feedback
Power Tube Grid Bias
All Cathode Follower Params
Excursion Time
Recovery Time
MV Cap Value
Yeah, so all of my Low Cut Freq values got reset to the defaults. Most of them are now 10Hz. It has always been one of my first tweaks after downloading a preset or quickly building a new preset. I have a habit of working toward getting each preset leveled by adjusting the bass end to have enough bass, tight, not flubby, etc. Too much bass makes the bass loud with the rest of the tone hard to hear in the mix. I would typically increase Low Cut Freq to cut more lows, then increase the bass and/or depth to get more bass above the cut, and then level the preset. Before getting upset that I lost all of that work, I gave the defaults a fresh fair try. Presets are still [almost] level. Seems like the low ends are still tight, not flubby. The firmware seems to have reset my attitude. Perhaps increasing the Low Cut Freq no longer needs to be a first tweak.

I just posted this is a new thread elsewhere but I had to share again because I'm on top of the world. This was with the latest firmware, Recto 2 Red Modern and @York Audio Mesa 4x12 IRs. I'm so happy with these tones that I'm starting to freak out. No EQ was applied to the guitars. Just a few boosts on the master bus, a bus comp and a limiter.

Settings?

I just posted this is a new thread elsewhere but I had to share again because I'm on top of the world. This was with the latest firmware, Recto 2 Red Modern and @York Audio Mesa 4x12 IRs. I'm so happy with these tones that I'm starting to freak out. No EQ was applied to the guitars. Just a few boosts on the master bus, a bus comp and a limiter.

I want to bust out my Jnco’s and 4 foot wallet chain!! (That’s a good thing)

Yeah, so all of my Low Cut Freq values got reset to the defaults. Most of them are now 10Hz. It has always been one of my first tweaks after downloading a preset or quickly building a new preset. I have a habit of working toward getting each preset leveled by adjusting the bass end to have enough bass, tight, not flubby, etc. Too much bass makes the bass loud with the rest of the tone hard to hear in the mix. I would typically increase Low Cut Freq to cut more lows, then increase the bass and/or depth to get more bass above the cut, and then level the preset. Before getting upset that I lost all of that work, I gave the defaults a fresh fair try. Presets are still [almost] level. Seems like the low ends are still tight, not flubby. The firmware seems to have reset my attitude. Perhaps increasing the Low Cut Freq no longer needs to be a first tweak.
I saw that reported by a few others in one of the beta threads...

Settings?
Doing this from memory...this is probably pretty close if not exact, I used slightly different tones for wider stereo. Whether the differences are even noticeable is up for debate.

Maxoff - drive at zero, level at noon

Recto 2 Red Modern - Gain: 6.0, Bass: 4.0, Mids: 4.8, Trebble: 6.5, Presence: 4.5, Master: 2.0, Power Supply Sag: 0.5 (or lower maybe?), Speaker breakup: hard. EL34 for one side, 6L6 for the other.

York MES 412 pack - Two slightly different tones for each side:
Right side - 57m CE 1, 421m CE 1 (- 4db) , Left side - 57m CE 2, 421m CE 2 (- 4db)

Played using a PRS with an HFS pickup.

Wow!, once again I'm not going to sleep much tonight with this amazing update :D
Thanks for leading the dance, there is nothing even close to my AFX3, still very much in love!

After having done the Update i feel that i like my tone even better than before but i honestly couldn't say what it is that makes the difference .
Just a big thank you to the Fractal Team for pushing things forward continuously.

BTW is there a list with all the new amps?
Am i right that there is a new Two Rock model that seems to be modeled after the JM signature amp?

Cheers

Doing this from memory...this is probably pretty close if not exact, I used slightly different tones for wider stereo. Whether the differences are even noticeable is up for debate.

Recto 2 Red Modern - Gain: 6.0, Bass: 4.0, Mids: 4.8, Trebble: 6.5, Presence: 4.5, Master: 2.0, Power Supply Sag: 0.5 (or lower maybe?), Speaker breakup: hard. EL34 for one side, 6L6 for the other.

Right side - 57m CE 1, 421m CE 1 (- 4db) , Left side - 57m CE 2, 421m CE 2 (- 4db)

Thanks! Sounds brilliant btw - good job!

After having done the Update i feel that i like my tone even better than before but i honestly couldn't say what it is that makes the difference .
Just a big thank you to the Fractal Team for pushing things forward continuously.

BTW is there a list with all the new amps?
Am i right that there is a new Two Rock model that seems to be modeled after the JM signature amp?

Cheers
""Am i right that there is a new Two Rock model that seems to be modeled after the JM signature amp?""
Where do you have that from?

Jupp, just made a fool out of myself.

Yesterday i was just briefly scrolling through the amps and mistakingly read the jmpre as something JM pre... whatever i was thinking.
I was looking for another amp so i didn't give it another thought and didn't recheck before writing the post.

SRY

Oh I'm a dunce....

I kept up with all the betas up to 7, while making some minor tweaks each beta to my main presets. Download the FW today and since I've been using my 7-string for a couple new songs, I just opened my main Dual Rec/IIC++ dual amp preset, open two new tracks and record the guitars really quick just to check the difference. Whle I'm playing it sounds all scratchy, mids are funky and there's no definition in the low end.

I then spend 90 minutes tweaking and making new presets trying to get around this and start thinking "Oh no....has an update really pushed me that far away from the killer tones I had before?!" Then I glance down at my guitar and the EMG logo jumped out on my bridge pickup.

Derp derp.

I hadn't changed the battery since I've had it over a year ago. All good now! :tearsofjoy:
The other day I had a similar experience. Ended up laughing at myself when I figured out my battery was dead. Derpp

On the Matchbox Chiefman 2 when I edit the treble control in the ideal view it will not change the sound, that control is dead.
But the real chief actually has a treble and in the authentic view there is one. When I edit that parameter in the authentic view now that is audible.
Strange thing is that both treble parameters can get set to different values in the editor.
At first I thought it don't matters much, I simply use the one that works. But now I realised that that only is true for the editor.
On the hardware it means when you have set your view to ideal you don't get acess to the working parameter, all you see is that dead dummy.
It seems that is a bug?
The Treble control in a Chieftain is actually a "Preamp Presence" control, similar to the Presence control in a Dual Rectifier in Modern mode. It is separate from the tone stack and located later in the gain stages. The tone stack has no treble control.

This is why I don't like Ideal mode.

I’ll have to dig into this. I don’t want to steal your tone 1:1 but I’d love to see how you setup that up as newbie myself. I have that same IR pack. If you don’t want to share the preset publicly could you PM me? 😎🤘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom