Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some stuff

That sounds killer Rectos Plexis
And JTM45 , they just all seem to breathe a bit better now

I am hearing a less compression and lower mid congestion
Tighter lows a bigger more open sound and the Dynamics on the Plexi is off the charts , from crystal clean to roar with the Twist of the volume knob

It’s a noticeable change and another step fwd IMO

The models I can also hear more of their individual characters

Had the first gig with a new band on Saturday night - and the beta sounded fantastic. My main amps are the Plexis and the JCM variations, and they sounded awesome - really impressed with the tone I was getting with this FW.

(And yes, I like to live on the edge - beta firmware and a first gig with a new band? Pah!).

Last edited:
Lots of room sound in this one. Need a good full-res IR to go for that sound.
Maybe, but it's not about mimic the sound, more about the details (hearable during the last part).......

There is another live recording, which show this behavior in full glory, listen to the swooshy mooshy sounds when Billy riffing the chords.... starting at 1:40 ;)

After reading all the comments. I think people mostly use monitors or FRFR,
I haven't updated to the new beta yet, but all my presets have a filter cut on 100 and 8100 Hz.
My signal chain is -Guitar -Axe FX III -Matrix -2x (2x12 V30s Mesa)
might be a dumb question but... Was I doing it wrong since I have real cabs?
I really feel a big difference with the filter block engaged.
I have a similar set up as yours - matrix into Zilla 2×12 and have to cut the high end quite drastically when I turn up to gig volumes. I do this via the global eq

hard to know if this is related but going thru my presets with this beta and getting to "USA IIC+ Deep" and had no vol. my gain was at .89 and overdrive 2.24 and input trim at .446 master at 7.25 and level at -15.27. now... I'm certain that this would have been leveled before but at these settings it is barely audible. I raise the gain up to 4 and it sounds nice... I think cleaner than before and probably easier to dial in a clean tone. Sounds great... just nothing in the update description led me to believe there would be such a drastic change in volume so thought I'd mention in the interest of beta testing. change the amp type to dif and back to usa iic+ deep and again very quiet at gain of 4 and od of 3 and master vol of 5. much much cleaner amp as I recall having a lot of trouble dialing in a clean tone before (hence the input trim).
edit: think I may have found an explanation: I believe the ir I was using was changed. please disregard.

The B-H curve is essentially the inductance of a transformer vs. applied magnetic force. A transformer is a very nonlinear device. At very low and very high flux intensity the inductance is less than at nominal. Furthermore the curve has hysteresis so the inductance decreases when the flux changes direction.

Now I simply don’t believe this; the owner of a newer modeling ”competitor” recently did an interview where he stated no one knows how transformers work because no one took the time to study them. He found themselves in the fortunate position of not needing to understand them since machine learning did it for them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Now I simply don’t believe this; the owner of a newer modeling ”competitor” recently did an interview where he stated no one knows how transformers work because no one took the time to study them. He found themselves in the fortunate position of not needing to understand them since machine learning did it for them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yeah, I saw that "interview". There are literally hundreds of papers on modeling transformer behavior. The most common techniques are the Frohlich and Jiles-Atherton models. I have my own algorithm that's more CPU efficient.

interested, I just read the article - damn, I'd like te have me one a them there NNet thingys te figur out mi taxes fur me.🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom