Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I never tried any of the marshalls in the prior beta.
Using York Audio Marshall 4x12 T75 SM57-1 with the Rear IR mixed in slot 2 at about -8
Brit 800 mod default settings, dropped the gain down to 3.35
Speaker page Impedance curve to 4x12 Brit Greenback, speaker compliance to 85 or so
Dropped the DS1 mod drive block in front of that, level at 6.8 or so, Distortion 5.9, Tone around 3

Sweeeet, can't wait to try some more of the Marshalls

Yeah but QuadCortex and Helix...:rolleyes:
I've said it since the 80's, if I only had a touchscreen I could become the next EVH!
Not sure where Cliff was in 1978 but my life would've been different...holed up in a crappy apartment, thinning mullet, no friends or family and calluses like concrete on my left finger tips!

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/21p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_21p00_beta1.zip

I ended up finishing this new modeling stuff earlier than expected so...

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

New “Cygnus X-2” amp modeling:

• Improved Amp block output transformer algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models B-H curve resulting in a clearer low end. New algorithm now also accounts for effect of speaker impedance on transformer response.
  • Improved power tube modeling. This yields better dynamics and improved low frequency accuracy.
  • Improved cathode follower algorithm. Provides more accurate “cleanup” when volume is rolled off.
  • Various other improvements.
The default values of various parameters have been updated. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values upon load.

Added “Griddle Cake” Drive model based on a Crowther Hot Cake. The “XLF” switch on the pedal can be replicated by turning the Bass Response knob fully CW.

Improved Drive block modeling to more accurately model effects of op-amp finite open-loop gain and GBW product.

Added Brit Studio 20 Amp model based on a Marshall SV20H.

Added Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped Amp model. This is simply the jumped version of the Plexi 50W 6CA7.

Improved modeling accuracy for following Amp models:

• Plexi 50W Jumped
  • Plexi 100W Jumped
  • Brit JM45 Jumped
  • 1987X Jumped
  • 1959SLP Jumped
  • Plexi 100W 1970
  • Deluxe Tweed Jumped
Renamed USA Clean to USA Rhythm 1 to be more in line with actual amp.

Reduced CPU usage in some cases.

Fixed wrong coupling capacitor value in 1959SLP Treble, 1959SLP Jumped and 1987x Treble amp models.

Fixed wrong resistor value in tone stack of Solo 88 Rhythm and Lead models. Probably not audible though.

Fixed low frequency behavior of Recto2 models due to loss of precision.

Fixed High Mid control in Drive block set to minimum when importing presets created prior to 19.01.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Must be nice to be a FAS employee, come home from work and get the "good day at work, get anything done?" question.

Holding out for the release version..., I'm just conservative like that. (I did update to a Beta one time with no issues.) But with all these rave reviews about the low end, I might not wait...

Eventually the FW version is going to catch up to the year we're in. That's the moment it becomes self-aware and nukes us all to kingdom come. 😆
As long as we end up in guitar heaven.

Joking aside, I'd like to say many thanks to those of you who've taken this for a test drive already and are posting your perceptions of the new firmware.
Looking forward to trying this, it'll be like the Fractal elves spirited away the current unit and replaced it with a new one.
<Meet the new boss... he only looks like the old boss.>

Thanks so much! I do notice that on my unit the firmware upgrade takes a LOT longer than I'm used to, even on a blank preset?

Edit: of course, that turns out to be windows update bothering. Awesome firmware update!!

Last edited:
wow , a lot a low frequencies removed in the recto . I have played some minutes with the previous beta and then upload this one, it s like half of the ultra low end is gone , and it also affect the gain ( less gain)
lets try all the others amps ! I think I will retweaks all my presets, no choice

the recto is now more usable without a boost .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom