Axe-Fx Fan noise going into amp

sir_ireland

Hi, I don't know if anybody of you have this issue.
The cooling fan inside the Axe-Fx can be heard a little thru my amp.
When I change patches, the sound dissapears for a fraction of a second between patches.
If I go to a location where there is no patch yet, the high pitch sound dissapears.
I am running guitar to axe-fx, then just one cable going from out(left) to Vox amp.

This is a new rack, new furman PL-PLUS series II.

I have tried the axe by itself, still get the high pitched noise.
When listening wit hheadphones instead of amp, I get a little crackle or static but very low.

Thanks

That's really odd.... On a side note.... Has anyone changed their Fan in the Axe FX and but in a high quality more silent fan? Obviously you might not want to do this until your warranty has expired.... Unless you're brave.

sir_ireland said:
Hi, I don't know if anybody of you have this issue.
The cooling fan inside the Axe-Fx can be heard a little thru my amp.
When I change patches, the sound dissapears for a fraction of a second between patches.
If I go to a location where there is no patch yet, the high pitch sound dissapears.
I am running guitar to axe-fx, then just one cable going from out(left) to Vox amp.

This is a new rack, new furman PL-PLUS series II.

I have tried the axe by itself, still get the high pitched noise.
When listening wit hheadphones instead of amp, I get a little crackle or static but very low.

Thanks

You may have a ground loop. Ideally, I would suggest lifting the ground of the connections between the two units, but unless you have stage boxes with ground lifts, you would have to desolder the grounds on at least one of your cables (or more, if using the 4CM). To start with the easiest solution first, try lifting the ground of the Axe-Fx (via the switch in the back).

Hope this helps!

oddb0d said:
That's really odd.... On a side note.... Has anyone changed their Fan in the Axe FX and but in a high quality more silent fan? Obviously you might not want to do this until your warranty has expired.... Unless you're brave.

Search on the old Fractal Forum site, there is a LOT of information on this. Answer is yes, and warranty intact too.

Back
Top Bottom