Axe FX bass users?

spytunes

Hey dudes,

So I'm not an owner (yet) I play acoustic and electric guitar and the clips i've seen so far look pretty AWESOME to say the least...

I also play bass and was wondering if there are any bass players who use this unit and what they think about it?

As far as i can tell there is an ampeg in there, 2 cabs and a preamp that i could use in conjunction with EQ and Compressors it might do the trick :ugeek:

I have an EBS Fafner rig, which is incredible. I'm thinking if this thing is a s good as it seems, and it works for bass it could be my universal dream amp!

I was planning on running it with a PA power amp and a Daedalus cab, it is a stereo wired cab using two 8' and two 5'. Sounds great with amplitube so i'm thinking with axe fx.... should be pretty insane.

Any thoughts?

-dan

Yep, I love the Axe for bass. The compressor is incredible and it's by far the best bass tone I've had in 23 years of playing. I posted my bass patch in the share and request patches section as well. All I can say is, you'll be utterly amazed at what this unit is capable of and how tweakable it is. Not only that, but how easy it is to make those tweaks. It's money well spent.

I LOVE my bass through it. Well, let me rephrase. I love one of my basses through it. I have an old Ibanez ATK-305 that sounds absolutely breath-taking. I'm currently playing bass in a punk cover band, so my tone is aggressive: Very metallic/clanky with some slight dirt on it. Very bright, but not twangy.

My chain is:
Compressor -> Drive (super od?) -> Amp (Ampeg) -> Cab (8x10)

Well I sold my Pearl Export drum set my Digitech GSP-1101 and my two back-up Digitech GSP-2101's (still have my main one though) and I don't regret it at all.

Back
Top Bottom