Axe-Fx asio output + other sound card asio output

Hi,

First I just would like to say hello to every one. It's my first post cause until now I always found answers (Used Axe Fx Ultra) in the forum without the need to post...

But this time! No way... I just received The Machine, and tested Reamping with USB.

I use Cubase SX3, which allows 1 Asio driver running at a time.

It worked fine with the Axe Asio Driver, I record Dry and Wet tracks, and when replaying the dry track alone (solo), then it's a pleasure to change the sound on the axe and cook it.

But now, I want to hear the playback of the other tracks while changing the preset on the axe feed with the dry track. And there is the problem. To anable the dry to go in the axe, you must use the Axe Fx 2 asio driver output. But then, you can't send the background to another output. So the background tracks have nowhere else to go but to the axe fx 2 USB input. Nice effect indeed...

To make that long story short, is it possible to use at the same time the Axe-fx Asio output + Another sound card asio output with the same sequencer?

Is there a trick, or should I find a sequencer allowing 2 asio driver at the same time?

PS: The other sound card is a ONYX firewire card (with 1640 mixer).

Thank you for your help,

Lionel

Thanks ! It works now !

I installed the ASIO4ALL, and selected it as the ASIO driver in SX3.

Then the In / out of both AXE FX 2 and SOUND CARDS are available at the same time! Just GREAT :) :) :)!

Thanks ! It works now !

Then the In / out of both AXE FX 2 and SOUND CARDS are available at the same time! Just GREAT :) :) :)!

Please post specifically with which sound cards you are able to use along with AxeFXII USB. Make sure to test for over 5 minutes and note whether either device starts to distort (go out of sync or have buffer issues). So far this is known not to work with

FF400 (on at least OSX 10.7)
U22 (on at least OSX 10.7)
Duet

See the thread below for a related discussion:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...0-cubase-6-aggregate-device-sync-problem.html

Last edited:
Thanks ! It works now !

How's the latency.. I tried similar setup, but the latency was terrible.. tried fiddling with buffer sizes, etc. but there's a distinct delay between playing the notes and hearing them thru the monitors. Latency back thru the AXE-FX USB OUT is non-existent for me, but when I use ASIO4ALL to other attached devices, the latency is terrrible. Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

PS: after a few minutes of inactivity, the distortion start and I get the usual buffer overflow/undeflow behavior of clips, pops, distortion, etc. (win7x64, w/ Realtec Mobo-based HD Audio).

Last edited:
The other sound card is a Mackie ONYX Firewire, with a 1640 ONYX mixer.

THe following test made with the ASIO4ALL with a 512 sample buffer size, latency in at 32 samples, same for out.
Both sound cards are set at 48kHz, and windows sounds disengaged (source of error due to different sampling rates of windows sound I guess).

I tested to record 5 minutes Dry+Wet signal in cubase, on 2 stereo tracks. Result is without error, crack or buffer issue.
Then played back the WET on the ONYX card out, while the DRY out was feeding the AXE FX 2 via USB. Result also ok.
In the mean time I also assigned the cubase metronome to the ONYX out, and it works fine to.

Regarding Latency, it is noticed 11.33 ms. I tried to monitor it thru cubase, and can hear almost no delay.

Use XP SP3, cubase SX3, ASIO4ALL v2.10.

I have not tried with a full audio project in cubase, i.e with many tracks and VST instruments. If so, it would certainelly need to up the lentency in order to avoid cracks.

LIonel

Back
Top Bottom