Axe-Fx and CAE RS-10

Dday

New to the board and awaiting my first Axe-Fx Ultra. Anyone here tried the RS-10 with the Axe? I have one with the expander board, and although the Liquid-Foot looks very appealing (Jr. and Pro), I can save myself some money and time if the RS is doable.

Dday

Welcome to the board.

I know a couple of people that are using it. It will work fine, uber reliable, but is limited in functionality compared the the upcoming fractal solution, the liquid-foot, gordious LG, Axess Electronic Fx-1,or even Rocktron All Access, really even the behringer fcb1010 (more switches though).

It really depends on your needs. What are your needs for the controller?

Thanks Sean!
I mainly need preset changes and IA. I really need tap tempo, so I may have to sacrifice one exp port for that. The L-Foot does look great with only one cable needed, and access to the Axe's tuner. Do you know if one of the LF's IA buttons can be used as a tap tempo? That might sell me on the whole thing if that's possible, so I could use the ports for wah and volume.

Dday said:
Thanks Sean!
I mainly need preset changes and IA. I really need tap tempo, so I may have to sacrifice one exp port for that. The L-Foot does look great with only one cable needed, and access to the Axe's tuner. Do you know if one of the LF's IA buttons can be used as a tap tempo? That might sell me on the whole thing if that's possible, so I could use the ports for wah and volume.

Yes, it can.You can assign it to an IA but or expression port (there are 4 on the LF pro). It can also display the tempo on the foot controller. Yes, you can use the ports for wah and volume. If you are using the expression pedal as a switch you will need to use an insert cable or a specially wired cable (at least on the LF pro). I have my LF pro set up for 2 expression pedals and a tap in the expression port.

I like the feel of a boss FS-5U for tap tempo. Another thing you can do with the liquid foot is program tempos/ preset or song. So if you have different preset on the Liquid Foot that access a single preset on the Axe-fx, you can have the liquid foot set the tempo for the song automatically.

May be time to sell the RS-10. I like the LFJr. for the size, but the Pro for all the IA's and ports. I need to research the Jr to see how quickly you can call up the other IA's in a preset.
On another note, my Ultra arrives on Wed, and I was wondering (actually, hoping!) if you can program different types of wahs with different sounds? That's one thing I've always struggled with...wah w/clean vs wah w/ dirty sounds. I have always had to compromise.

Thanks again for all the help!
Daran

Dday said:
May be time to sell the RS-10. I like the LFJr. for the size, but the Pro for all the IA's and ports. I need to research the Jr to see how quickly you can call up the other IA's in a preset.
On another note, my Ultra arrives on Wed, and I was wondering (actually, hoping!) if you can program different types of wahs with different sounds? That's one thing I've always struggled with...wah w/clean vs wah w/ dirty sounds. I have always had to compromise.

Thanks again for all the help!
Daran

You can configure the wah in a large variety of ways/preset.

Back
Top Bottom