Axe-FX 3 vs FM3 for Bass Guitar

Ended up deciding to go with the big boi and got the Axe FX 3. Should arrive sometime this Saturday. The ability to have more IRs per cab block, the potential to use a second cab block with a null IR as a channel strip for DIs, dual amps, more compressors/milti-band compressors, and real time frequency analyzer were what pushed me towards the Axe FX 3 over the FM3. It's possible I won't constantly use all of those features/abilities, but I'd rather have them and not need them as opposed to getting blocked by the FM3 limitations.

Ended up deciding to go with the big boi and got the Axe FX 3. Should arrive sometime this Saturday. The ability to have more IRs per cab block, the potential to use a second cab block with a null IR as a channel strip for DIs, dual amps, more compressors/milti-band compressors, and real time frequency analyzer were what pushed me towards the Axe FX 3 over the FM3. It's possible I won't constantly use all of those features/abilities, but I'd rather have them and not need them as opposed to getting blocked by the FM3 limitations.
You won't regret it. I've owned nearly every iteration of the Axe-FX, and I've barely scratched the surface of the III's capabilities.

Congrats, when you get the unit, you should try the 8 scenes of this preset out:
Post in thread 'Dr Bonkers' Guide to Using Fractal Axe-FX 3 for Bass' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...fractal-axe-fx-3-for-bass.172532/post-2085044

Back
Top Bottom