axe fx 2 xl with 4 cable method low noise like fx8

joi737

Hi everyone.i am a big fan of the axe fx 2 .great unit although i am missing the low noise capability when using the 4 cable method(2 amps).fx8 has this feature.I think it will be awesome if fractal would introduce this feature into the next axe fx 2 release.what do you think?i would buy a second axe fx2 unit Myself!!!

The XL has low noise & was built with 4CM in mind - can you explain a little more about the noise you have?
I use my XL in 4CM & it doesn't make any noise

Hi.i ll try humbuster cables i think thats the main problem. But is there any difference between axe fx2 xl and fx8?fx8 is advertised with dedicated output (4cm)i was wondering if it s the same on xl

Both units were designed for 4CM; the only difference is the FX8 can ONLY be used in 4CM whilst the Axe can do everything!

Hum buster cables are mandatory for 4CM - they should help with the noise a bit

Did you check out the Wiki on 4CM. I followed the advice there, and I am able to use a lowly Axe FX II in 4cm with my Mesa without a hitch.

Did you check out the Wiki on 4CM. I followed the advice there, and I am able to use a lowly Axe FX II in 4cm with my Mesa without a hitch.

Link? I'm using mine with my JVM and I have a bit of hiss I cannot kill without a really tight gate in the patch that I'd rather not have to use
if at all possible.

Link? I'm using mine with my JVM and I have a bit of hiss I cannot kill without a really tight gate in the patch that I'd rather not have to use
if at all possible.

You will always get a bit of hiss as you're adding "stuff" before the amp and the JVM is a pretty noisy amp to begin with. You can optimize the signal level into the JVM with the Output 2 Boost/Pad parameter.

my JVM has been modded so it is much quieter than a stock one (It was hiss fest when I first go it).
I'l have to play around with the your suggestion a bit more. With the gate on (after the FX loop block) it is dead silent but
the gate is much to tight for anything clean or lower gain, it's choking off the notes way too much. I may just need a
lesson on dialing in the noise gate block better.

Back
Top Bottom