axe fx 2 tone suck - help!

lironas1

hey friends how are you today ? and mary christmas to how celebrate it.
i would like to get help. i play with mesa boogie roadking 2 and axe fx in the fx loop.
when i play like that the tone of my amp get very dawn. if i dissengeged the loop so its sound good.
i dont sure why it happens but when i put eventied h9 in my loop its now working.
i use the 4cm and i did the balance with the boost pad, just dont know what is not good.
thank you for your help

In my experience, those loops can be a bit difficult getting everything balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know my friends its hard to balance i just want to know if somebody know what is the best way ?
maybe petrucci can tell me how he does it haha?
and i will do the tone match just not understand wich chanel ?
and i did the mixing with the outputs so its not the problem
i still well be very happy if someone can help me

If you aren't maxxxing out output 1&2 knobs on the front of the axefx do that.

And what good would that do? Not remotely a helpful solution. The best solution is to shoot for unity gain, not maxxxxxxxxxxx ...

We don't have any idea what his F/X chain looks like, their respective levels, etc. What is his I/O menu setup like? How about what in's and out's he is using? Let's start with a knowledgeable baseline.

i know my friends its hard to balance i just want to know if somebody know what is the best way ?
maybe petrucci can tell me how he does it haha?
and i will do the tone match just not understand wich chanel ?
and i did the mixing with the outputs so its not the problem
i still well be very happy if someone can help me

Start by looking at the 4CM instructions in the manual (four cable method). This will give you a good starting point, as well as an opportunity to run some effects before the amp's input as well as some in the effects loop.

And what good would that do? Not remotely a helpful solution. The best solution is to shoot for unity gain, not maxxxxxxxxxxx ...
From the manual:
The Manual said:
To operate with unity gain, set the Output Level knobs to maximum.

We don't have any idea what his F/X chain looks like, their respective levels, etc. What is his I/O menu setup like? How about what in's and out's he is using? Let's start with a knowledgeable baseline.
This is the heart of the matter. You make a painting of a beautiful outdoor scene. Then you say, "Hey guys, I don't like how my painting looks. What's wrong with it?"

We don't know unless you show us the painting.

This might help.
From Wiki:
4CM: unity gain

The Axe-Fx II can maintain unity gain when settings things up for 4CM. Just turn both Output knobs on the front panel fully up. This is only useful in a 4CM setup! There's no need for this when NOT running a 4CM setup.
Cliff: "Unity gain mode is a special mode designed for use with the 4CM. When you turn the output levels all the way up whatever you put in you get out (assuming all unity-gain blocks in the chain). If you have an amp block in the chain then you have tons of gain and therefore no longer have unity gain." Source
Cliff: "Unity gain mode is only desirable for 4-cable-method." Source
4CM: noise

4CM can result in hum caused by ground loops. Humbuster cables help to prevent this.
Using the Axe-Fx in a 4CM setup introduces noise because of the analog/digital conversion. Cliff: "It is very difficult to minimize the hiss when putting a digital processor in front of a high-gain amp due to the A/D and D/A conversions. The XL is probably one of the quietest processors made but there will still be some residual hiss when using high gain. The Output 2 Boost/Pad feature was specifically intended to minimize hiss in these scenarios by running the D/A converter as "hot" as possible and then reducing the signal level after the converter with an analog pad." Source
Javajunkie: "To get rid of the residue hiss, use the gate block as an expander. Place the gate block after the fx loop block. Use a very hi ratio, and a quick attack release time. Start with the threshold all the way down and raise it up until this hiss disappears."

Also this thread:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/89193-output-2-noise-pretty-low.html

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom